Are you looking for a job in a growing industry with new products, new markets and new technology?
With locations across the country, Amica Mutual Insurance Company offers opportunities to join this dynamic field with a financially strong and respected insurance provider. Amica, based in Lincoln, RI, is a national writer of auto, home, marine and umbrella insurance. Amica Life Insurance Company, a wholly owned subsidiary, offers a full line of life insurance products.
We are recognized as a leader in customer service and credit this success to our 3,800 employees in 44 offices across the country. Our benefits package includes high-quality medical, dental and vision coverage, short-term and long-term disability insurance and more.
Our office in Lincoln, RI is seeking a Purchasing Analyst who will be responsible for negotiating and facilitating the purchase of goods and services.
Job Functions and Responsibilities:
- Procures goods and services in accordance with the Corporate Purchasing Policy, Contract administration guidelines and Accounting disbursement approval limits
- Prepares and solicits complex and/or high value Requests for Quotes (RFQs) and Requests for Proposals (RFPs); handles cost analysis and vendor negotiations to ensure award recommendation considers quality, risk, cost, value, and procedural compliance
- Facilitates Legal, Financial, IT Technical and Security due diligence contract reviews
- Drafts contracts, services agreements, amendments and statements of work in accordance with negotiated terms, conditions, pricing and service requirements
- Manages contracts and programs to ensure contracted pricing, service levels and agreed upon terms and conditions are being honored by suppliers
- Acts as liaison for internal clients (including company officers and senior managers) and external agents regarding supplier relationship management
- May assist in the training & development of junior buyers
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Works independently, referring issues to a higher authority as appropriate
Equal Opportunity Policy:
- Bachelor’s Degree (Business Major)
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in procurement and negotiation strategies /procedures, purchasing / contract management systems,
- Expertise with complex RFPs
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel in particular
All qualified applicants who are authorized to work in the United States will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, color, national origin, ethnicity, age, genetic information, disability or sexual orientation. The Age Discrimination in Employment Act prohibits discrimination on the basis of age with respect to individuals who are 40 years of age or older. Employees are subject to the provisions of the Workers' Compensation Act.