What You Will Do
All Lowe’s associates deliver quality customer service while maintaining a store that is clean, safe, and stocked with the products our customers need. As an Administrative Support Associate, this means:
- Being friendly, professional, and supporting internal customers (store leadership, HR, and Lowe’s associates) and external customers.
- Monitoring associate scheduling to ensure staffing levels will be appropriate for customer flow so that the teams will be able provide exceptional service.
- Engaging in safe work practices and encouraging others to do the same.
The Administrative Support Associate supports store leadership through administrative duties related to staffing, scheduling, training, compliance, and payroll. This associate maintains paperwork, organizes the break and training rooms, and updates time and attendance records through the use of Kronos systems. This associate also supports a strong safety culture by handling all administrative tasks related to Worker’s Compensation, General Liability, and Auto Claims. To be successful, the Administrative Support Associate must be organized an able to balance many administrative tasks throughout the day.
The Administrative Support Associate works closely with Human Resources, Store Managers, and Assistant Store Managers to relieve administrative burden and allow these roles to focus on strategic and people leadership activities. Confidentiality is a priority.
This role does not require regular travel; however, this role may need to travel on occasion to meetings, trainings, or to support neighboring stores.
What We're Looking For
- Hourly Full Time - Generally scheduled 39 to 40 more hours may be required based on the needs of the store.
- Requires morning, afternoon and evening availability any day of the week.
- Physical ability to perform tasks that may require prolonged standing, sitting, and other activities necessary to perform job duties.
- Minimally must be able to lift 25 pounds without assistance; may lift over 25 pounds with or without assistance.
What You Need To Succeed
- 1 year of experience in a retail environment.
- 2 years of experience administrative experience such as processing data, scheduling, monitoring and tracking information, and using office software.
- 1 year of experience administering confidential staff information such as personnel files and employment compliance data.
- 1 year of experience in a cross-functional team environment with exempt and non-exempt staff.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or a related field.
- 2 years of experience in a retail environment or equivalent and relevant work experience.
- 2 years of experience in a cross-functional team environment with exempt and non-exempt staff.