We are currently recruiting highly motivated and detail-oriented Maintenance Supervisor to join our maintenance team. The ideal candidate must be experienced in all phases of apartment maintenance. As Maintenance Supervisor, he or she will execute assigned maintenance activities, including interior/exterior and structural repairs, and exercise oversight of maintenance staff.
Essential Job Functions (but not limited to):
- Execute tasks to ensure make-ready apartments including turns, painting, drywall, plumbing & electrical repairs.
- Schedule, monitor and execute tasks on the completion of routine maintenance work, including repairs to occupied apartments, refurbishment of vacated units on a timely basis and repairs to buildings exteriors and common areas, including work done after hours on an emergency basis.
- Perform repairs to electrical systems, including fixtures, covers, breakers and wiring
- Perform mechanical systems repairs including thermostats, heat/ventilation ducts, air conditioners and hot water heaters
- Perform appliance repairs including repairs and/or replacement of ranges and refrigerators
- Perform repairs to structural items, including floors, tub enclosures, ceilings, woodwork, cabinets, walls, roof leaks, windows, and doors
- Perform plumbing repairs including sinks, toilets, pipes, drains, faucets, drainage lines, sewer and water lines
- Respond to all service and maintenance request from residents in a timely manner; ensure completion
- Recruit, hire, train and supervise maintenance team and conduct annual performance evaluation.
- Respond to on-call emergency requests as required.
- Conduct preventative maintenance assessments and record such activities.
- Possess working knowledgeable of state, local, and federal housing laws, codes, policies, and systems regarding maintenance specifically REAC inspections and compliance.
- Conduct regular monitoring of vendor contracts and supplier costs to ensure that materials are purchased within budget constraints
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Possess working knowledge and ability to execute HVAC, plumbing, electrical, carpentry, mechanical systems and structural repairs
- High school diploma/GED, and/or 3 years previous supervisory maintenance experience specifically in affordable multi-family housing
- Working knowledge and experience regarding REAC inspection criteria
- An AA degree in mechanical, electrical, or industrial maintenance preferred
- HVAC certification
- Ability to supervise maintenance team
- Ability to lift and/or move objects up to 75 pounds consistently
- Bending, stooping and climbing (ladders, stairs, etc.)
- Regular exposure to weather conditions
Job Type: Full-time