- General Ledger Reconciliation
- Customer Service
- Microsoft Office
Cels Enterprises, Inc. is looking for a full cycle Accounting Assistant/Retail Bookkeeper for our accounting department.
Accounting Assistant/ Retail Bookkeeper
Maintains records of financial transactions by establishing accounts; posting transactions; ensure legal requirements compliance.
- Processes accounts payable and accounts receivable (Credit Card Merchants).
- Manages bank and general ledger reconciliations, as well as payroll processing and reconciliation.
- Acts as backup/support for payroll.
- Develops system to account for financial transactions by establishing a chart of accounts; defining bookkeeping policies and procedures.
- Maintains subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, and posting transactions.
- Balances subsidiary accounts by reconciling entries.
- Maintains general ledger by transferring subsidiary account summaries.
- Balances general ledger by preparing a trial balance; reconciling entries.
- Maintains historical records by scanning and filing documents.
- Prepares financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Performs month-end closings
- Prepares the trial balance
- Reconciles Sales and Use taxes by verifying sales journal and third party tax agent’s filling.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying requirements; enforcing adherence to requirements; filing reports; advising management on needed actions.
- Tracking fixed assets and preparing depreciation schedules
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Skills and Qualifications:
Years of Experience: 2 years
Microsoft Suite, Quick Books, Paylocity knowledge a plus, AS400 knowledge a plus
Self-starter who is able to multitask effectively.
Strong communication, organizational and customer service skills are essential.
Proficiency with such applications as Microsoft Excel and QuickBooks.
Accounting, developing standards, analyzing Information, dealing with complexity, reporting research results, data entry skills, attention to detail, confidentiality, thoroughness, works under moderate supervision
Job Type: Full-time
- Bookkeeping: 2 years (Preferred)