Our client, a market leader and technology innovator, is seeking talented professionals to deliver cutting edge solutions to their customers. Well-respected, with a global presence, our client consistently offers a powerful and robust portfolio of products, services and solutions that help customers successfully execute their missions in today’s dynamic environment. With unsurpassed engineering, using an open systems approach, our client solves the nation’s most complex challenges while foreseeing future needs.
Customer Service Electronics Technician
(US Citizenship Required*)
State College, PA
- Test and troubleshoot component parts, sub-assemblies, or completed units, including electronic, and electro-mechanical products
- Disassembles and reassembles electronic and electro-mechanical products as required to repair
- Provides accurate and detailed reporting on product failure/repair activities
- Participates in root cause failure analysis and reporting when required
- Performs multiple tasks on an assigned team, project, or functional area
- Performs quality assurance and reliability testing following established methods and procedures
- Coordinates, plans, and expedites the flow of material, parts, and assemblies
- Provides direction to less experienced employees
- May participate in programs or functional team projects developing process improvement methods, solutions, and procedures to enhance program quality, cost, and scheduling
- Interfaces with employees and management across operations and may occasionally interact with customers
- Works well under general supervision; no instruction needed on routine work and general instructions for new activities or special assignments
- Domestic and International travel to customer sites may be required
- Maintains a clean and orderly work area
- Excellent electro/mechanical manufacturing process skills
- Ability to interpret complex drawings, specifications, test data, BOMs, and schematics
- Ability to solder small components and wire assemblies utilizing a stereo microscope
- Working knowledge of IPC-A-610
- Ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing
- Robust computer skills with understanding of networking protocols and applications
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Detail oriented with the ability to multi-task
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated to achieve objectives
- Ability to exhibit adaptability/flexibility
- Ability to organize a variety of types of data and activities
- Ability to identify anomalies and systemic issues
- Ability to pick up new tasks quickly
- Ability to lift a minimum of 30 pounds
*US Citizenship is required by law, regulation, executive order, or government contract.
Education and Experience:
Associate's degree or equivalent is required plus a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience
Conditions of Employment:
- Experience in RF microwave amplifier alignment a plus
- Experience with RF test equipment a plus
Applicants selected for employment will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screening and background investigation which may include education, criminal and work history verifications.
About Our Company:
Moseley Technical Services, Inc. is dedicated to providing our clients with a high standard of quality products and services. For two decades, our reputation has been built on this dedication and the long-term relationships developed with some of the most prestigious companies in the aerospace and defense industries. These business relationships give you the opportunity to not only find a job but to find one you can value and enjoy. We will be dedicated to you and to making your career a success.
Accepted applicants will have the opportunity to be eligible for benefits, including medical and supplemental insurance and a 401K. Appreciation and gratitude for employees is a hallmark of organizations with low turnover.
Moseley Technical Services, Inc. is an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Join a team that values your experience!