- Public Relations
- Management Experience
- Direct Sales
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Retirement Plan
- Disability Insurance
About Nelson Schmidt Inc.
Recognized by the UK’s Campaign Magazine as one of the “World’s Leading Independent Agencies” for 2016, Nelson Schmidt Inc. is a full-service marketing communications agency with offices in Milwaukee’s central business district and downtown Madison, Wis. The agency serves global clients within select considered purchase industries including Whirlpool Corporation, Change Healthcare, Panduit and the Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation. Nelson Schmidt is a member of MAGNET, the Marketing & Advertising Global Network of 300 agencies in 70 countries, American Advertising Federation, Public Relations Society of America, and the Association of National Advertisers/Business Marketing Association. For more information call 800-689-7721 or visit NelsonSchmidt.com.
We are looking for a public relations account team leader to oversee the day-to-day activity and ensure the quality of work and a positive working relationship for one of the agency’s largest client accounts. This person will not only be responsible for overseeing the work of other team members but must be willing to roll-up their sleeves and be a meaningful contributor.
What we’re looking for:
- You have a background in corporate communications, community relations or the nonprofit sector.
- You like to build relationships with media, your peers and in the larger business community, and proactively act as a trusted advisor.
- You have well-rounded experience in all elements of public relations, including media relations and content development for traditional and digital channels.
- You have successfully pitched and have regular contact with top tier business media.
- You can lead and collaborate with a team and help oversee and motivate its members to deliver high-quality work.
- You have a strong work ethic, sound judgement and can work independently to do what’s right for the team, the client and the business.
- You are enthusiastic, passionate and driven in everything you do.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
- At least eight years of experience in an agency setting.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, English, Marketing.
- B2B and B2C experience.
- Management experience including hiring, professional development, training, etc.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication (writing samples required).
- Proven relationships with top tier media; ability to foster relationships with media that are key to client’s success.
- Willing to work full-time in our office in Madison, Wis.
Excellent salary and benefits including health, dental, life and disability insurance, 401(K) plans, and paid vacation including Christmas to New Year’s off.