Accounts Receivable / Accounts Payable Clerk
Position Title: Accounts Receivable / Accounts Payable Clerk
Direct Report: CFO
Location: 531 Lafayette St. Nashville, TN 37203
Hermitage is a local and family-owned company operating in the heart of Nashville for 75 years. We are a team of professionals focused on making the houses of Middle Tennessee the country's best and brightest homes. We offer more than just lighting and offer industry-leading selections of plumbing, door, and decorative hardware, appliances and custom kitchens. Our Accounting department is looking for talent with analytical skills, great communication, and the ability to learn and adapt. If you have what we’re looking for, or looking to grow in a fast-growing industry, we want you on our team.
Teamwork – All parts working together to accomplish our promises to our customers.
Expertise – Be experts in our field and continue to stay ahead of the educational curve.
Integrity – Having a clear vision of what is right and doing it. Being honest to customers.
Outrageous Customer Service – The customer is all that matters to us. It’s about doing whatever it takes to satisfy the customer
Our mission since day one has been to offer our clients outrageous customer service while acting with integrity.
The Accounts Receivable / Accounts Payable Clerk will report directly to the CFO. The Accounts Receivable / Accounts Payable Clerk is responsible for entering collecting payments and processing vendor invoices and make sure check requests are processed and fulfilled in a timely manner, among other things listed below.
- Serve as an ambassador of Hermitage.
- Deliver outrageous customer service acting with integrity.
- Work in a team environment while being able to take direction.
- Keep up to date on all internal documents assigned to the position.
- Process check requests and expense reports on a regular basis
- Accurately review, code, and process vendor invoices
- Perform monthly reconciliations
- Maintain a large number of vendor accounts while staying in compliance with company policies and procedures
- Perform data entry associated with accounts payable and CRM/ERP system.
- Review and reconcile invoice discrepancies
- Audit and process credit card bills
- Address and respond to vendor inquiries
- Help CFO with other tasks as needed
- Must work one Saturday out of the month on a rotating schedule
- High school diploma. Associate's degree in Accounting preferred.
- Minimum 1 year of experience with accounts payable or general accounting
- Proficient Microsoft Office knowledge and skills
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles
- A high degree of attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and prioritize tasks
- Strong analytic abilities
- 40+ WPM required
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $15.00 - $17.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Nashville, TN 37203: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)