Caregiver/Home Health Aid
Join a 2019 Minneapolis-area Top 150 Workplace Award winner company in making a difference to our clients and their families. Work independently, providing personal care and support services to clients in a home setting. All shifts available-mornings, afternoons, evenings and overnights.
We elevate the human spirit in all we do to enable our clients to live their best life. We believe our seniors are one of our most valuable resources. They deserve our very best care, our very best efforts, our encouragement and our support.
At Comfort Keepers, we believe in thinking and acting differently when it comes to senior care. To us, that means celebrating memories and making new ones; always seeing the person and not just the disease or challenges.
Comfort Keepers employs great caregivers to provide seniors with the best possible care, allowing them to age in place, at home, where things are familiar and feel safe and comfortable. We treat our clients and our caregivers as we would treat our family and although we have the support of a big company, we are a family-owned local small business with a passion for improving the lives of our clients.
* Must have a valid driver’s license and automobile insurance
* Must have reliable transportation
* Applicant must meet or exceed minimum qualifications for background screening and reference checks
* High school diploma or GED preferred
* Must demonstrate satisfactory completion of any stated mandated training
* Candidate must be at least 18 years or older
Essential Functions of the Caregiver / Home Health Aide Role:
* Performs duties as assigned on the individualized Care Plan
* Provides companionship for the client
* Provides emotional support and promotes a sense of well-being
* Assists the client with activities of daily living
* Provides for a clean,safe, and healthy environment for clients and family members
* Great communication skills
* Observes and reports any changes in the client’s mental, physical, or emotional condition or home situation to immediate supervisor in a timely manner
* Maintains confidentiality regarding client information
* Spread joy!!
* PTO (Full-time & Part-time)
* Holiday Pay (If working on a holiday it's double time)
* Aflac (Full-time & Part-time)
* Mileage Reimbursement
* Friendly office staff
We’ll talk with you by phone and if there is mutual interest, we will invite you to come for an in-person interview. Following the interview, if we determine it is a good fit, a job offer will be extended within 24 hours. Training generally takes place the following week. Background screening results and negative TB test results must be received prior to orientation and shadowing shifts are scheduled prior to placement with a client.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $14.00 to $16.00 /hour
- Auto Insurance (Required)
- Driver's License (Required)
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
- Professional development assistance