Full Job Description
Job Title MGR WEB APP DEVELOPMENT
Position Number 8100555
Job Category University Staff
Job Type Full-Time
FLSA Status Exempt
Campus Rogers Park-Lake Shore Campus
Department Name INTEGRATIONS & APPLICATIONS
Location Code ITS-INTEGRATIONS & APPS (07140A)
Is this split and/or fully grant funded? No
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Manages a team of analysts and developers responsible for the University’s applications development and analysis function.
2. Evaluates existing applications to determine technical changes, schedules projects and resources, and monitors project timelines.
3. Sets and implements policies and procedures related to application quality standards and testing.
4. Responsible for planning of upgrades and maintenance of applications, and the analysis of requirements for new systems and services.
5. Leads the analysis of needs, planning, development, and management of the University’s custom developed applications, mobile applications and web and content management systems.
6. Manages the applications in accordance with organizational policies and goals.
7. Works with the University’s academic and administrative units to develop and implement new applications and services.
Help clients to understand and utilize our systems/applications to improve their efficiency and provide improved services. Clients of the University’s systems include students, faculty, and staff as primary users and alumni, parents and others as secondary users.
8. Demonstrates a commitment to Loyola’s mission and strategy by building strong client relationships and supporting the ITS core values of service excellence.
9. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected when finding solutions to business needs.
10. Assume a leading role in training/mentoring staff, and others both within and outside the division.
11. Proactively manages change through existing change management processes.
12. Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Minimum Education and/or Work Experience
Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree in business or technology is a plus. Five years of experience in information technology, program/project management, consulting or related experience.
1. Five years of experience in information technology, program/project management, consulting or related experience. Master’s degree in business or technology is a plus.
2. Four years experience in managing mid-large scale change IT projects, or applications development is preferred including a proven track record of success with managing multiple simultaneous projects and/or projects with a duration of 6+ months and teams of 6-20 people.
3. Experience building and deploying mobile apps in a modern app development framework is preferred (i.e. Ionic, Flutter, React Native or Cordova)
4. Experience with Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure or Google Cloud preferred.
5. Experience building, scaling and refining cloud services preferred.
6. Proven ability to author/review business case, scope documentation, functional and system specifications, work breakdown structures, project plans, budget and resource estimates, risk and issue management plans, change management plans, quality assurance plans, user acceptance agreements, process re-engineering documents, workflows and status reports throughout the development process.
7. Demonstrate excellent verbal, presentation, written communication and documentation skills. Effective communication skills are essential to the success of this position. Individual must be able to work effectively and appropriately with peers, staff, faculty and students.
8. In depth knowledge of system development life cycles and system development methodologies. Experience in Higher Education is a plus but not required.
9. Ability to be flexible and adaptable to changing environments and business situations. Proactively manages change through existing change management processes and project risks though early identification.
10. Follows ITS and other University policies regarding data security and protection; balances team and individual responsibilities; contributes to building a positive team spirit
11. Shares expertise with others; able to communicate technical ideas and concepts to non-technical audiences
12. Must be detail oriented, results focused, possess effective written and verbal communication skills, and be able to support change management initiatives.
13. Positive attitude and strong work ethic; Ability to work independently and in team settings; Focuses on accountability and problem and conflict resolutions
14. Diversity – Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; supports and engages with University DEI initiatives
15. Ethics – Treats people with respect; Works with integrity and ethically; handles sensitive and confidential issues and materials appropriately.
Java Certification and PMP Certification is a plus, but not required.
1. Extensive hands-on experience developing large and complex n-tier web solutions
2. Experience with custom application software development and packaged software implementations.
3. Knowledge in Service-oriented Architecture with hands-on experience in exposing and consuming Rest and SOAP web services
4. Extensive hands-on experience with relational databases, SQL Query optimization and tuning (Oracle DB preferred)
5. In-depth knowledge in SDLC Methodologies and best practices
6.Experience with CI/CD Pipeline Process & Tools
7. Familiar with GIT for Source Control
Supervisory Responsibilities Yes
Required operation of university owned vehicles No
Does this position require direct animal or patient contact? No
Physical Demands None
Working Conditions Irregular Hours
Open Date 11/30/2020
Special Instructions to Applicants
Quick Link for Posting https://www.careers.luc.edu/postings/14624