The Purchasing Agent is a member of the company’s Purchasing team. He/she will report to the Purchasing Manager and are responsible for sourcing and procuring materials and components for an OEM manufacturer.
The ideal candidate is a proactive and efficient team member with a proven track record of reducing costs and creating meaningful vendor relationships in a small business manufacturing environment.
- Responsible for sourcing and purchasing including inventory and non-inventory parts, manufacturing tooling and consumables.
- Locate new vendors and evaluate the capabilities of new suppliers to meet deliveries and quality standards.
- Monitor and expedite shipments to ensure that goods come in on schedule for manufacturing need driven by customer requirements.
- Evaluate supplier quotes, offerings, and on time delivery to determine the most desirable suppliers and maintain key vendor relationships.
- Coordinate with production planning and assist in shop order scheduling, receiving, issuing and warehousing of materials based on demand of raw materials and components.
- Present management with negotiation strategies that close deals with optimal terms that support the sales personnel in providing lowest cost/highest value to our customers.
- Review sales opportunities and provide accurate cost and availability data to the sales team for quoting and pricing.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree or professional certification preferred.
- Two (2) years of experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Strong computer skills, including experience with MRP systems.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Adept negotiation and relationship building skills.
- Applicant must be a US citizen.
- Job is located in central Connecticut.
Job Type: Full-time
- Manufacturing: 2 years (Required)