Director of Informatics
Location: Chicago Travel Required:
DOE Position Type: Full Time
Claudria Hurt Date Posted: June 11, 2019
External Posting URL:Applications Accepted By:
email@example.com or Fax: 312.274.0069
Job Description:Position Summary:
The Clinical Informaticist will provide healthcare informatics expertise for Informatics project deliverables. These
projects serve a network of Safety Net Community Health Centers committed to the thoughtful use of leading-edge
health information technology (HIT).
Essential Job Functions:
The Clinical Informaticist will serve as a translator and integrator of healthcare information at the intersection of:
- Clinical workflows, evidence-based practices, and quality improvement initiatives;
- Community health research and data efforts; and
- Health information technology (HIT) tools with a core emphasis on the usage and improvement of the
Electronic Health Record (EHR) experience.
- Facilitate and integrate clinical content design with quality of care initiatives, data reporting performance
measures, research initiatives, usability principles, operational improvement, and industry standards for
- Comprehensively participate in Agile development cycles for AllianceChicago Clinical Content for the
- Consults on workflow assessment, analysis, and reengineering to improve community health center
operations and support evidence-based clinical care.
- Train internal and external stakeholders on increasing usability and efficiency in use of the EHR and HIT
tools for patient care.
- Review clinical content and applications for usability, efficiency, standardization, and programming
- Serve as an expert in EHR usage, usability, and integrating the EHR into clinical operations.
- Provide expertise to AllianceChicago Health Centers, researchers, vendors, and all stakeholders on how
to utilize the EHR and HIT to improve quality of care in current quality initiative industry trends, including
but not limited to Promoting Interoperability, Value-Based Care, Patient-Centered Medical Home, and
Care Coordination / Accountable Care.
- Offer clinical expertise to Alliance staff to increase knowledge of healthcare workflows and clinical
- Bachelor’s degree in Informatics, Data Science, Nursing, Public Health, and/or a STEM (Science,
Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics)/health-related field required.
- Master’s degree in Health Informatics, Health Administration, Public Health, Data Analysis, Data Science,
and/or a STEM/health-related field preferred. Training/Experience:
- At least 1 year of work experience required with an Electronic Health Record, with preference towards
athenahealth (formerly known as GE) Centricity Practice Solution EHR, and/or working in an informatics
role in relationship to an EHR.
- At least 3 years of work experience required in healthcare, public health, and/or HIT.
- Clinical knowledge and/or work experience in healthcare ontologies required, not limited to but including
ICD, CPT/HCPCS, SNOMED, RxNorm.
- Clinical license or certification – not limited to but including: MD, DO, PsyD, PA-C, APN, RN, LPN, MA,
- Prior work experience preferred in translating requirements and needs from clinician-based entities to
- Prior work experience preferred in healthcare data, especially in how to discover and demonstrate quality
measures and evidence-based guidelines using data derived from an EHR / HIT application.
- Proficiency in various applications and tools, with preference on the following: Microsoft Office
Professional, Microsoft Visio, Balsamiq or a comparable prototyping software, Jira, Slack, Microsoft
Teams, SharePoint, Mailchimp, WebEx, Outlook.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Demonstrate and regard the AC Core Values: Learning & Innovation, Collaboration & Teamwork, Quality
& Value, Communication & Transparency, Dependability & Integrity, Joy & Purpose.
- Transparent and professional verbal/written communication, interpersonal, and customer service skills,
amongst clinical, technical, executive, and operational staff roles.
- Ability to be flexible, adapt to change, and learn new technologies and concepts quickly.
- Ability to multi-task and work on simultaneous projects, exercise task prioritization, and understand
project management best-practices.
- General office setting, extensive telephone and desk work at computer terminal
- May be required to lift, carry, bend, reach, and stand with parcels up to 25 lbs.
- Will work in a close multidisciplinary team environment.
- Will interface with clients in various settings and may be exposed during on-site visits to clinical
environments where medical equipment, chemicals and where communicable diseases and certain
pathogens are present.
- Chicago location preferred, but willing to consider remote / telecommuting locations.
Founded by four partner Community Health Centers in 1997, AllianceChicago’s three core areas of focus are
Health Care Collaboration, Health Information Technology, and Health Research & Education. AllianceChicago
supports the use of HIT to improve quality, efficiency, and access to services in a national network of community
Safety Net health care organizations. The mission of AllianceChicago is to improve personal, community, and
public health through innovative collaboration.