Interested in serving military families? Armed Services YMCA may be the place for you to demonstrate your passion and skills.
Job Summary: The Armed Service YMCA of the USA’s (ASYMCA) mission and focus is the resiliency of military families and the challenges they face as they provide for the safety and security of our nation. ASYMCA seeks a skilled manager and progressive leader who has a passion for serving our active military.
The Executive Director will oversee and expand the ASYCMA mission at the Lawton, OK and Altus, OK branch. The Executive Director will be responsible for total operations including programming, finance and operations oversight, marketing, facilities, volunteer and staff development, financial development, community relations and collaborations with community agencies.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Promotes the ASYMCA’s mission in the local community and develops positive working relationships with other organizations, businesses, and governmental entities.
- Directs branch strategic planning efforts and develops the annual operating plan of the branch.
- Directs the financial development activities of the branch.
- Develops, maintains, and models collaborative relationships with community agencies in service delivery area.
- Coordinates the development of the branch board and committees.
- Directs the volunteer activities (policy and program) of the branch.
- Oversees and ensures compliance in the hiring, training, development and supervision of staff and volunteers, while fostering a positive work environment.
- Models relationship-building skills in all interactions with staff, volunteers, members, and the community.
- Develops, manages, and monitors the branch operating budget and meets or exceeds budget goals.
- Develops and directs high quality relationship-based member engagement strategies.
- Ensures the safety and maintenance of high quality facilities, grounds, and equipment.
- Directs branch marketing and communication efforts to effectively communicate ASYMCA programs and services to the community.
- Serves as a member of ASYMCA Executive Director Team and supports the overall objectives of the ASYMCA.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Proven track record in directing total operations through sound fiscal management; volunteer development; supervision, development and retention of staff; development and monitoring of budgets, marketing and public relations, and program development.
- Demonstrated experience in management and development of volunteer/partnership involvement; ability to recruit, develop and maintain positive relationships with top community leaders and organizations.
- Bachelor's degree in human services, social services, business or equivalent.
- Ten or more years of management experience, preferably in a YMCA or other nonprofit agency.
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments in the community.
- Military experience a plus.
Resumes will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Only those candidates who best meet the requirements of the position will be contacted for an interview.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
Armed Services YMCA of the USA is an EEO/AA/M/F/Vet/Disability Employer
Job Type: Full-time
- Management: 10 years (Required)