This individual will work collaboratively with application owners and various middleware/site engineers in order to effectively create and maintain auto patch solutions for middleware.
Create and maintain scripts, policies and tools for deployment, monitoring, and operations. Provide technical oversight and expertise for troubleshooting and resolving issues in non-prod and production environments on supported upgrade/configuration scripts.
- Support Middleware Engineers to make sure they have a consistent playbook of best practices, policies, and processes to install/upgrade/remove/configure various middleware & web server software.
- Collaborate with internal teams and leadership to design and deploy premier solutions that allow automation, bulk updates and faster patching response with a high reliability.
- Recommend equipment, new concepts and techniques to improve performance, simplify deployments, and reduce costs.
Own the technical output of the supported scripts. Review and drive long term technical direction of critical patching.
- Review and analyze existing operations effectiveness and efficiency, and then develop strategies for improving these systems.
- Provide status reporting and maintain key computing metrics that will assist in problem identification and prompt issue resolution.
- Automate repetitive tasks related to software inventory, repository management, script management, script deployment
At least 6 years of Middleware engineering, to include Java as a minimum
At least 3 years of experience with J2EE platforms
At least 3 years of experience using one of the following tools: Ansible, Salt, Chef, Puppet, or Terraform
Expertise with Converged/Hyperconverged Infrastructure and Virtualization Platforms
Experience leading DevOps teams
Strong interpersonal, written/verbal communication skills with the ability to quickly build credibility, influence, and make recommendations
Ability to prioritize, and organize effectively, while managing multiple projects and assignments
Experience with public and private cloud platforms (PaaS, IaaS)
GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
United States;Connecticut, Georgia, Louisiana, Michigan, Ohio;Atlanta, Norwalk, Van Buren, Cincinnatti, New Orleans;