COREWOOD CARE is seeking a RESPONSIBLE, POSITIVE, and ENTHUSIASTIC individual to be a personal assistant and companion for a woman in her 70s in NW Washington, DC. She has some short-term memory loss and is seeking an individual who can help her organize her calendar, go to museums with her and have lovely conversation. She needs someone to provide some companionship and enrich her life.
The person would assist with the following:
- Take her out to lunch
- Go on walks or go to a museum
- Help with errands and calendar organization
- Provide her with company and talk about her life
This role is a great opportunity for an individual looking for a meaningful full-time position. The hourly rate for this position is $16 an hour and would be Monday through Friday from 9 AM to 5 PM.
- Demonstrate compassion, responsibility, dependability and a cheerful attitude.
- Must possession effective writing and communication skills and ability to speak English VERY well.
- Ability to converse with someone in their 70s
- Interest in Art, current events and nutrition
- Bachelor's/Graduate degree or currently pursuing Bachelor's/Graduate degree preferred.
- All applicants must pass a background check.
- Must have own vehicle and insurance.
- Ability to provide 2-3 professional references.
Corewood Care's Core Values:
Corewood Care was founded with the philosophy of offering tailored quality care to individuals and their families while providing support with the day to day struggles brought on by injury, disease, sickness, age and other life changes
Job Type: Part-time