Cloud DevOps Engineer Contractor
This opportunity is open only to candidates who can work as Independent Contractors.
Location(s): Remote or Sunnyvale, CA
Contract Length: 6 months
How many hours per week: 40
Anticipated Hourly Rate: $60 - $70/hr.
The Work You’ll Do Under the Deloitte Project Team:
Delivery: Bring the functional/technical experience and knowledge to deliver solutions which allow clients to achieve their business strategy. Present technical alternatives and supporting recommendations aligned with the client’s business and technology requirements. Contribute to project estimating, planning, contracting and staffing activities. Manage technical and/or functional teams to design, build, test and implement enterprise applications. Anticipate, raise, and resolve issues which pose risk to the project. Monitor progress and quality. Track and report status.
Primarily for support of AWS@Apple Support services. AWS support, engineering and DevOps background is required
· Experience operating and developing infrastructure and services in public cloud environments (AWS, GCP, etc.).
· Able to research, architect and drive complex technical solutions, consisting of multiple technologies and cloud services.
· Proficient with various programming languages such as Python/Java/Ruby/Perl/Go for automation or integration with APIs.
· Experience with CI/CD tools and techniques.
· Experience with containerization and container orchestration services, including Kubernetes
· Solid understanding of centralized configuration management, orchestration and infrastructure as code techniques.
· Working knowledge of network protocols, Linux/Unix system internals and transport protocols.
· Expert in writing detailed solution specifications, diagrams, best practices/standards documentation, operating procedures, test plans/test reports, etc.
· Excellent communication skills - must be capable of effectively engaging and leading interactions with cross functional technical and business teams and varying levels of management.
· 5-10 years Python and Git experience
· 2-5 years systems administration experience
· 2-5 years AWS (IAM, KMS, EC2) experience
· 2-5 years Unix/Linux OS system admin experience
· 2-5 years GCP, Terraform, Kubernetes, Docker
· 2-5 years cloud networking and formation experience
· 5-10 years DevOPs experience
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Pay: $60.00 - $70.00 per hour
Full Time Opportunity: