Come join Raytheon’s team in St. Petersburg, FL! We are currently seeking a senior-level Software Engineer with technical leadership experience to work with the Missile Defense & Surveillance Software team . This multi-disciplined Engineering team leads the development of the U.S. Navy’s Cooperative Engagement Capability (CEC), a real-time ‘sensor-netting’ system that brings together radar data into a single integrated air picture from geographically dispersed ships, aircraft and ground-based units. This integrated picture improves a battlegroup’s effectiveness by enabling longer range, cooperative, or layered engagements. Today’s CEC benefits from advancements in commercial and specialized technologies, as well as from the experience and expertise of the Raytheon team, continually innovating to advance capability and performance.
The team is based in St. Pete, enviably nicknamed “Sunshine City” for its average of 248 days of sunshine a year. It actually holds a Guinness World Record for the most consecutive days of sunshine! The area is ideal for fishing, boating and its beautiful beaches. It’s also known for its art and culture scene, as well as its wide variety of local restaurants and bars. Sports fans should note that St. Pete is home to the Tampa Bay Rays, Buccaneers, and Lightning. It’s also the Spring Training site for the Toronto Blue Jays and the Philadelphia Phillies.
Easily commutable from several nearby cities, just 5 miles off the main highway (Interstate 275), options for where to call “home” are plentiful. St. Pete is conveniently close the Tampa International Airport and only a mere 2-hour drive to Disney World and Universal Studios.
Innovation, cool technology, a world-class team and a pretty idyllic location, Raytheon in St. Pete has a lot to offer.
The senior level Software Engineer will be an active participant on the Scrum team, performing development tasks independently. Our software applications are developed using C++ and Java programming languages executing on a variety of computing platforms running Linux/Unix operating systems.
The ability to obtain a SECRET Security Clearance is required.*
8+ years’ experience working with the following:
General experience and knowledge of:
- All phases of Software Engineering (requirements, design, code, test and integration), including experience with object-oriented software development experience using C++
- Linux / RedHat OS environment
- Real-time embedded software development
- Modern software design methodologies (e.g. UML 2.0)
- Developing software in a team based development environment, preferably Agile/Scrum
- Working as a technical Lead of a small to medium software team
- Bidding and estimation of software projects
This position will require an Interim secret clearance or above to start.* Except in rare circumstances, only US Citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
Required Education (including Major):
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, or Software Engineering
- Existing secret clearance or above
- Experience in Agile development methods, including Scrum, automated testing, static code analysis and continuous integration
- Experience as a Scrum Master and/or Product Owner
- Familiarity with the following software tools: Rational Rhapsody, ClearCase, ClearQuest and Team Concert, Jenkins, Coverity, Eclipse
- Experience with Model Driven Development
- Object-oriented software development experience using Java
- Data Fusion and/or Radar domain knowledge
- Knowledge of or experience in communications methods and protocols
- Knowledge of or experience in OS configuration and system security-hardening
- Experience with or knowledge of the SEI CMMI model
- Six Sigma Specialist certification
- Certified Control Account Manager (CAM) and/or experience with Earned Value (EV) techniques
- Master's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, or Software Engineering
C/C++, ClearCase, Linux, UNIX, Java, OOD, embedded, real-time software development, UML, Rhapsody, CMMI, system security-hardening, Agile, Scrum, sensor netting, situational awareness, Certified Account Manager, Technical Lead
At Raytheon, we innovate to create solutions and solve complex challenges across all domains: from land and sea to air, space, and cyberspace. In doing so, we embrace the talent, expertise and perspectives of our diverse workforce, each bringing their skills, ideas and dedication to the work we do.
Raytheon has been recognized as a respected employer and valued corporate citizen for our employment practices, programs and community support by a number of highly-regarded organizations. The list includes: Forbes, Glassdoor, National Veterans Small Business Association, Corporate Responsibility Magazine, Environmental Protection Agency, Affinity Inc. and many more.
What We Offer:
Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, Raytheon offers a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits Raytheon offers include paternal leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
Find out why Forbes ranks us among the top 500 of America’s Best Employers by visiting us online at www.raytheon.com.
- Company security standards have been imposed requiring the candidate to obtain a Department of Defense interim security clearance, prior to the date of employment. The Department of Defense requires the applicant to produce evidence of U.S. citizenship (i.e. official birth certificate with a raised seal, U.S. passport current or expired, or a certificate of naturalization) prior to the initiation of a security clearance application. Employment will commence within 30 days, contingent upon obtaining an interim security clearance. Upon notification that your interim security clearance has been granted, the employment process will continue.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.