Reports To: Front Office Supervisor, Billing Supervisor
Inter-Relationships: Physicians, Practice Administrator, Office Supervisors, Billing Associates, Coding Associate/Charge Entry Billing Support
Specialist, Nurses, Medical Office Assistants, Front Desk Associates
Position Summary: Greets every patient entering the clinic, checking them in for appointments. Scanning insurance/Picture ID’s and verifying that all demographics are accurately entered into system. Data entry and scheduling patients for appointments within office. This job is also responsible for checking out all patients for UAWC and PHWC, scheduling/rescheduling follow up appointments, taking co-pay payments, and scheduling radiology/labs. Obtain insurance benefit information for every patient by calling insurance companies or looking them up online. Calling patients to verify information regarding insurance and making sure all prior authorizations are approved
Qualifications: Preferred Education: High School Diploma or equivalent
1year in similar position at a medical office, proven effective communication, PM/EMR skills and experience.
Special Skills: Customer Service, windows knowledge, keyboarding, medical
Terminology and multitasking.
Customer Service, Multi-tasking
Computer skills with proficiency in PM/EHR systems
Standard office equipment skills
Proficiency in writing skills-written and oral
Can operate under pressure
- Customer Service skills****
- Verifying demographic information, insurance information, scanning ****
Insurance/picture ID’s cards and RX cards
- Scheduling patients’ appointments accurately to needs of Providers and their schedules****
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize duties
- Ability to sit/write/type for long periods of times
- Ability to communicate with staff, team members and outside offices and facilities.
- Ability to use intercom system
- Keeps supervisor informed of issues or problems
- Help with phones: provides back up to phone staff within front office
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested
- Ordering, as well as scheduling, radiological procedures and laboratory tests.
- Comprehension of how insurance deductibles, out-of-pocket maximums, and coinsurances operate for every individual’s plan****
- Schedules all patients’ appointments, New Pt Referrals, PO, Established and in office procedures****
- Generate scheduling check-list form
- Verifies patient’s eligibility of insurance, for appointment add on same day or day before.
- Collects and retrieves any medical records pertaining to patient’s appointment
- Ability to communicate with team members as well as other office staff
- Completes jobs duties/functions within required time frame of work flow
- Follows HIPPA guidelines
- Follow practice policies and procedures
- Takes messages and distributes them to the proper person/Provider
- Treats all patients, referring offices and vendors with compassion, caring, courtesy and respect
- Attends in-service on new procedures, polices as directed
- Maintains a neat professional appearance, in accordance with UAWC/PHWC policy.
- Maintains professional behavior and conversation in clinical and public areas.
- Demonstrates compliance with corporate objectives
- Follows practice policies and procedures.
- Completes appropriate orders as required.
- Understands and follows other Regulatory Requirements as applicable.
- adheres to and follows the principles of quality customer service
- Meets customer needs and expectations in an ethical, proficient, competent and timely manner.
- Treats all customers with compassion, caring, courtesy and respect.
- Provides timely and accurate information to the customer while protecting confidentiality.
- Provides a positive customer relations role model to other members of the healthcare team.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.****
- Participates in clinic staff meetings, physician meetings, and other meetings as required****
- Demonstrates professional work behavior and appearance
- Reports to work on time as scheduled
- Provides a positive customer relations role model to other members of the healthcare team
- Meets customer needs and expectations in an ethical, proficient, competent and timely manner
- Detailed Orientated ****
- Ability to Market to outside facilities and referring offices****
- Sets goals and objectives consistent with organization goals and develops effective action plans for their achievement****
- Maintains professional growth and development through seminars and workshops****
Physical demands are frequent bending, pushing, pulling, standing, sitting, walking and ability to lift 25 pounds.
Self-starter and multi-tasker is a must
Extensive Computer & 10 key use
Extensive Telephone use for conversations with patients, guarantors and vendors
Visual acuity for managing spreadsheets and computer information
Fast paced environment friendly
Work is normally performed in a typical interior office setting with moderate noise level. Exposure to the usual medical office hazards and diseases.
Job Type: Full-time
- Customer Service: 1 year (Preferred)