Plans, schedules and monitors the movement of material through the production cycle; determines material requirements from engineering and production schedules.
This role will be responsible for the cycle counting, reconciliation, analysis and reporting of inventory accuracy. Candidate should be able to handle cross functional logistics duties within material operations.
Job Family Specific Responsibilities / Key Responsibilities
- Participates in monitoring of semi-complex materials through the production cycle. Participates in the preparation and maintenance of semi-complex reports; analyzes supplier capability; participates in make/buy studies and cost analyses. Participates in creating integrated project plans and schedules for the supply team's capital and development projects. Participates in the effectiveness evaluation of current material control standards. Designs the planning and coordination of new product introductions; assess the impact and recommend changes to overall production schedules.
- Independently performs important areas of standard professional level work that typically requires processing and interpreting, more complex, less clearly-defined issues. Refers semi-complex, unusual problems to others. Identifies and resolves readily identifiable, clearly-defined problems.
- Specific duties:
- Assists in setting up items to be counted on a quarterly basis
- Works with production planning and manufacturing personnel to schedule and count materials
- Recognizes, reports, troubleshoots and corrects inventory inaccuracies
- Responsible for maintaining and reporting on inventory accuracy
- Responsible for the timely counting and reconciliation of inventory
- Reports and documents non-conformances
- Executes duties in compliance with regulatory agencies
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds
- Some travel required (5%)
Education / Knowledge / Skills/ Experience
- Studies in related discipline, or college degree, where required, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Certification may be required in some areas.
- Demonstrates a good grasp of knowledge and principles of field of specialization and applies through successful completion of assignments. Successfully applies knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures of particular area of specialization.
- Typically 2-5 years of successful experience in related field and successful demonstration of Key Responsibilities and Knowledge as presented above.
- Ability to work independently and on teams
Working Relationships / Direction of Others
- Reports into Material Operations
- Primarily intra-organizational contacts and some external contacts.
- May provide general guidance or train lower level support staff.
Siemens Medical Solutions USA, Inc.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.