Currently seeking an Engineering Manager for an opportunity in Charlotte, NC. This is a chance to work with top Software Engineers with a focus for all things tech in a unique entrepreneurial environment with a fun culture to boot. The ideal candidate will possess at least 7 years of professional software engineering experience and at least 3 years of experience managing Software Engineers directly (preferred) or as a high-level Lead.
Responsibilities of the Engineering Manager
- Create a plan and design/staff a small technical team for specific company initiatives.
- Be a true leader for your team and act as a technical mentor.
- Work directly with the business side to meet objectives in the most timely and efficient way possible.
- Manage all engineering activities within a department including design, development, production and testing.
- Implement and maintain overall engineering objectives and initiatives.
- Confront and solve performance/operational issues to improve development efficiency.
- Lead and develop the engineering team.
- Oversee a robust project management process and delivery timelines to keep projects on schedule and on budget.
Requirements of the Engineering Manager
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems or related field
- Minimum 7 years of professional software engineering experience
- Minimum 3 years of experience managing Software Engineers directly (preferred) or as a high-level Lead
- Computer Science or closely related degree
- Outside of work you use different technologies to build stuff for fun
- A true expert in at least one programming language
- Extremely strong design experience at the code and system levels
- Your architecture easily scales
Job Type: Contract
- Engineering Management: 7 years