This position purpose is to increase and improve the number of high-quality Career Technical Education programs and pathways in the state through improving academic performance, career and college readiness and reducing achievement gaps. This position is responsible for providing statewide leadership and coordination of Minnesota's Trades and Industrial Technology Career and Technical Education program quality and professional development including analyzing data to inform work based learning and experiential learning.
This position provides professional education specialist work to provide leadership, coordination, and technical assistance to establish academic, operational and financial performance benchmarks for quality CTE programs including Trades and Industrial Technology. This position provides administrative and technical assistance for career and technical education stakeholders, school district consortiums and instructional staff through program assessment, evaluations, monitoring and program compliance activities as required under the state career and technical education laws and rule, federal Carl D. Perkins legislation. This position will represent MDE's Career Technical Education Unit and the State of Minnesota at local, regional and national conferences, meetings and events and perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor degree in business, education, or a career technical education field or a closely related field.
- Three years professional experience in a career technical field or working in a professional setting as a CTE coordinator, or administrator of secondary or postsecondary education programs with responsibility for Career Technical Education program planning/evaluation, curriculum and/or staff development. In order to receive credit, experience must demonstrate:
- Coordinating, directing and completing multiple projects
- Planning and evaluating education and/or career technical education curricula or other educational programs.
- Designing and implementing professional development for adults who may specifically have more industry than classroom teaching experience.
- Excellent writing and verbal communications skills sufficient to engage diverse audiences.
- Master’s degree in Education or a career technical education field
- Related experience, including five or more years of Career Education classroom or administrator experience preferred
- Data analysis and reporting experience
- Knowledge of State and Federal laws, regulations, policies and issues affecting Career and Technology Education programs and Career Development (including Work-based learning).
- Experience in establishing working relationships with business and industry partners and state agencies and community organizations
- Abi lity to communicate clearly and effectively both orally and in writing through the presentation of concise yet comprehensive trainings, analyses and reports.
How to Apply
Click “Apply” at the bottom of this page. If you have questions about applying for jobs, contact the job information line at 651-259-3637 .
For additional information about the application process, go to http://www.mn.gov/careers .
CURRENT permanent-classified MDE employees represented by MAPE who are eligible for interest bidding for the position should consult Article 16, Vacancies, Filling of Positions, Section 3, Job Posting and Interest Bidding, of their negotiated agreement. In order to be considered for the position as an interest bidder your application must be received by the "Closed for Bid" date listed above.
If you have questions about the position, contact Marilyn Myles-Newman at email@example.com or 651/582-8550.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Minnesota is an equal opportunity, affirmative action, and veteran-friendly employer. We are committed to providing culturally responsive services to all Minnesotans. The State of Minnesota recognizes that a diverse workforce is essential and strongly encourages qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply.
We will make reasonable accommodations to all qualified applicants with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability who needs assistance or cannot access the online job application system, please contact the job information line at 651-259-3637 or email firstname.lastname@example.org . Please indicate what assistance you need.