- Doctoral Degree
- Bachelor's Degree
- Master's Degree
- Certified Management Accountant
- Data Mining
- Data Analysis
- Financial Acumen
Wharton School, University of Philadelphia | Remote | Work from Home
We're looking for a financial analyst eager to join a small but nimble team with audacious goals. The candidate will be tasked with providing the paid subscribers with well-formed insights on select investment opportunities, performing market and company-specific research in relation to identifying and assessing investment opportunities and trading strategies within the crypto markets.
bitSnö provides independent cryptocurrency research, built on qualitative and quantitative in-depth analysis by industry experts, powered by AI and on-chain data diagnostics, and dedicated to providing actionable insights backed by high-quality data. Our growth is driven by providing our customers with enterprise-grade research and recommendations. It's also enabled by our culture, which encourages thought leadership, rewards innovative excellence and highlights the importance of comprehensive due-diligence.
- Craft thought leadership pieces on select cryptocurrencies. Creating accurate and reliable material that can be understood by technical and non-technical users.
- Construct financial models in order to answer questions, apply sensitivity (“what if”) analysis, and test recommendations. Often anticipates potential business scenarios and evaluates how coin/token price might decouple from “underlying value”
- Identify statistically significant factors associated with weekly returns (by analyzing illiquidity, volatility, information asymmetry, market manipulation, investor attention, management pedigree, time-series momentum effect, etc.)
- Develop quantitative models describing market behavior
- Analyze large data sets to distill insights from data and connect disparate ideas into cohesive, well-grounded recommendations & executive presentations.
- Determine relevant approach for predictive analytics, including data requirements, trade-offs in analytical methods, and interpretation of results
- Independently identify trend variations, contrarian indicators, false signals and provide explanations
- Perform complex data analysis of risk strategies performance, accuracy and on-going monitoring
- Ensure data quality processes; drive consistent use and adoption of measures, hierarchies, tools and reporting standards
- Build metrics to evaluate strategy execution and perform post trade analysis
- Monitor industry trends and market changes, collect and analyze information on the global blockchain industry and projects, research and analyze the industry innovation. Produce weekly reports that synthesize information from Coindesk, Reddit, Twitter, Medium, etc.
- Support the investment team in all aspects of research process, including due diligence, competition analysis, preparation of investment memos, and sharing insights with the investment committee.
- Organize complex information to maximize clarity and comprehension
- Exhibit intellectual curiosity and an ability to synthesize large amounts of data to create actionable insights
- Keen eye on detail and accuracy with the ability to handle tight deadlines with excellent follow-up and execution
- Highly analytical, detail oriented and strong business sense; proven ability to manage new ideas and creative solutions and demonstrated experience managing such mechanisms to finalization
- Experience working with large-scale data mining and reporting tools
- Ability to work independently and take full ownership and responsibility
Strong academic credentials. Bachelor’s degree or above in Computer Science or related fields or Finance, Economics, Business, etc. Master’s or Ph.D. degree in Computer Science or related fields or MBA degree is strongly preferred. Experience in data analysis, programming, blockchain technologies, finance, securities trading, cryptocurrency, or any other related area is a big plus.
- MBA and/or Professional certification (CFA/CPA/CMA) + relevant experience; or at the very least BA/BS degree in Finance, Accounting, and/or similar discipline with analytical bias
- 3+ years relevant experience in positions that require analysis and reporting financial results
- Demonstrated financial acumen and/or analytical experience delivering forecasting, budgeting, and variance analysis, and data interpretation of results
Why Join Us?
- Opportunity to have an equity stake in a fast-growing US blockchain start-up
- Competitive salary and performance-based quarterly bonuses.
- Develop an expertise in crypto/blockchain, banking, and sharp critical thinking and analytical skills working alongside some of the brightest minds in crypto and fintech
- Flexible work environment: Why commute? Work remotely from your home
Interested? Please get in touch! Whether you fit any of the published profiles or not, send us your resume and a cover letter.
Job Types: Part-time, Internship, Commission