- A completed Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or 2+ years Amazon experience
- Travel Requirements 50-75%
- 2+ years’ experience in a leadership role at Amazon (if internal) or 1+ years’ experience in a production environment (Delivery Station or Fulfillment Center)
- Experience in instructional design, including needs analysis and multi-media instruction
- Experience formulating and implementing training strategies, policies, and procedures for standardization and delivery of training methodology throughout the organization
- Project-management experience in a matrix organization
- Experience with standard work sequencing, 5S, takt times, value streams, and other Lean Manufacturing concepts.
Amazon Logistics (AMZL) Area Manager, Learning
Amazon’s Transportation and Logistics teams are growing quickly and looking for well qualified Learning professionals! The Learning Area Manager for the Logistics team will be responsible for executing the strategy for learning and development initiatives that support the business objectives of their North American Region to include all Delivery Station Operations teams. The Learning Area Manager will lead the development of training best practices and standards, enable implementation across the North America Delivery Station network, and share results with all delivery station operations. The Area Learning Manager is responsible for using the Learning Organization as a lever to develop and implement standard work practices and improve safety, quality, and performance results, with a primary focus on delivering core learning programs (new hire onboarding, vendor onboarding, technology training, other site-specific implementations) and local area vendor performance. Learning Area Managers are responsible for executing train-the-trainer sessions in the field to certify others as needed.
The Learning team is responsible for the successful orientation, training and coaching of all Delivery Station employees and site-level support teams (contingent/seasonal staff, etc.). Through the Learning team and other resources, this position will facilitate training initiatives and communicate policies to managers and new employees to ensure Delivery Station performance goals are met and/or exceeded. This role entails providing strong leadership and direction to area learning resources, trainers, and ambassadors across multiple sites in the Region.
This position is based in a Delivery Station and will include travel between locations as needed. Qualifications include excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as proven experience as an effective facilitator, trainer, and leader of teams.
The Learning Area Manager will have responsibilities to:
Actively manage a team of Area Learning Managers and Learning Coordinators, including their deployment, development and productivity. Ensure that the work of the team and individuals is continually aligned to meet internal customer’s needs. Act as a proactive and productive liaison/partner with the North American Learning Teams, consistently seeking to make a positive impact on key business safety, quality, productivity, and customer experience metrics.
Execution & Analysis:
- Foster the development and growth of Amazon employees (onboarding, mentoring, teaching, etc.).
- Facilitate orientation and training classes; communicate policies and procedures to managers and new employees as needed.
- Ensure that the Learning Department creates/updates accurate and useful information for Training schools, PMVs, SJIs, and other training aids/visuals.
- Actively seek, clarify and understand information from Operations and Area Managers that leads to an understanding and ownership of Delivery Station performance and goals and required YOY improvements and provide training assistance where necessary in order to achieve these goals. Fully understand workflow, daily production goals and reports used to drive the business.
- React quickly and efficiently to production imperatives, scheduling conflicts and network-wide rollouts.
- Ensure and drive best practices standardization across all departments and sites.
- Ensure network standard training programs are implemented and consistently utilized as required in the fulfillment center.
- Ensure that training is tracked and recorded, including progress and skill sets.
- As needed, manage grant proposals including implementation, tracking and relationship management.
- Create, manage and update training content and associate compliance audits.
- Administer methods for gathering and tracking training metrics.
- Analyze and understand data to suggest improvements for training and operations.
- Track and communicate Learning Department goals, assignments and progress locally and at a network level.
- Take ongoing responsibility for ensuring that the Delivery Stations in region is operating safely and take immediate action to correct where necessary.
- Experience with adult learning theory, course facilitation, human performance improvement, and knowledge management
- Unix, SQL, and Database Administration Skills
- Proven ability to negotiate agreement and build effective teams
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and competing priorities
- Ability to actively use training data to track, trend, and manage training efforts
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
- A strong focus on internal customers’ needs and satisfaction, with an emphasis on demonstrating return on investment in training.
A qualified candidate will be focused on how training contributes to the company’s bottom line and will have the analytical skills to justify programmatic decisions with data.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us