The Desktop Services Manager will oversee the global desktop environments, including Windows desktops, Mac, and Citrix virtual desktop environments.
The Desktop Services Manager will interface daily with global markets, multiple suppliers, as well as other Global Technology teams to consistently deliver world-class desktop services. This role requires someone who is outgoing, has excellent communications skills, enjoys working as part of a team, can successfully multi-task, and excels in a fast-paced complex environment.
The Desktop Services Manager acts strategically, develops roadmaps and strategies in collaboration with key stakeholders for McDonald’s global desktop solutions. The manager will plan and execute global deployments, including monthly security patching, OS updates, software deployment, GPO changes, etc. The Desktop Services Manager works directly with global markets to plan deployments, communicate changes, and to create and engineer strategic solutions.
- Manage the global standard Window and Mac desktop environments
- Manage the System Center Configuration Manager and Jamf services
- Manage the Citrix virtual desktop environment
- Evaluate and select hardware standards for global laptops
- Manage a global desktop backup solution
- Manage standard global group policies
The Desktop Services Manager will oversee several service provider teams who provide daily support for McDonald’s desktop services. This includes service requests, incident management and change management activities. The manager will monitor the service provider performance and SLA’s, review regular operating reports, identify and manage operational changes and improvements of the services as needed.
Minimum Requirements :
- Requires an Associate degree or 7 years equivalent related work experience
At least 7 years of experience in a lead desktop engineer role in a large global enterprise
- Knowledge and understanding of industry trends and new technologies and ability to apply trends to strategic planning
- Experience creating and managing Windows 10 as a Service, images
- Deep knowledge and understanding of Systems Center Configuration Manager (SCCM)
- Experience creating/managing Microsoft Active Directory GPOs
- Experience with desktop security
- Experience with Office 365, Active Directory
- Experience with Citrix virtual desktop environments and Azure Cloud
- Knowledge of systems monitoring, capacity planning and performance tuning
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to create and present strategies and roadmaps to global market IT teams
- Strong project management skills to help lead and direct global upgrade project teams
- Experience working in the Agile methodology
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.