This position is strictly administrative and is full-time Monday - Friday from 7 a.m. - 4 p.m. There is no direct patient care. The selected candidates will be responsible for entering information into government medical systems within a hospital setting. The position requires long periods of sitting performing data entry and clerical/administrative duties as it pertains to the medical field. Additional clerical and administrative duties are required as management deems necessary.
An LPN license is required because the position calls for knowledge of medical terminology, medical practices, and medical procedures in order to be successful accurately entering data into the systems and supporting the hospital administratively.
- Current and active license as Practical Nurse (LPN) or Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN).
- Shall have and maintain current certification in Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS).
- Certified through the American Heart Association (accredit and authentic), certifications must be maintained and renewed at no additional cost to the Government.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a clinical setting.
- Customer service oriented.
- Working knowledge and experience utilizing Composite Health Care System (CHCS), Armed Forces Health Longitudinal Technology Application (AHLTA), and Health Artifact and Image Management Solution (HAIMS), Managed Care Support Contractor (MCSC) web-based platforms and commercial software including Microsoft office and Adobe Pro to perform daily referral functions.
- Excellent knowledge of medical terminology.
- Knowledge of referral procedures.
- Thorough knowledge of patient's medical records, record test results.
- Must submit to, and clear a DOD/FBI background investigation.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $22.00 to $27.00 /hour
- Fort Belvoir, VA (Required)
- Have you ever worked on a base and have working knowledge of government systems?
Full Time Opportunity:
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Monday to Friday
- Day shift
- 8 hour shift