If you have electrical experience in a manufacturing environment, this is a great time to join an incredibly stable manufacturing facility that has been in business for almost 100 years and has the backing of a large global organization!
Thomas Steel Strip Corp. is searching for an experienced Electrical Maintenance Technician for their facility in Warren, OH.
If you have electrical maintenance experience in a manufacturing environment, they want to hear from you. Experience with installation and troubleshooting PLC’s and automation controls and drives is required.
Some of the benefits to you:
- Competitive pay – Labor Grade Wage system, plus monthly production and yield bonuses.
- Excellent benefits – Including: medical, dental, and vision (low premiums!); 401k; vacation time; and union pension.
- Company stability – Thomas Steel has been in business since 1923 and has since been acquired as production site for Tata Steel Plating Europe, a global division of Tata Steel.
- Hours – Must be able to work rotating shifts.
Don’t let this opportunity pass you by! Apply now!
In order to be considered, a resume must be included with your application. Must be authorized to work for any US employer without sponsorship now or in the future.
- Receives instructions covering the scheduled and emergency repair, installation, and inspection work to be done.
- Interprets drawings and sketches. Plans details of working procedure and selects tools and materials according to the requirements of the work to be performed.
- Obtains materials, supplies, and equipment, as necessary.
- Analyzes all types of circuits and wiring diagrams to modify, service, install, or repair all types of electronic devices and systems, various mill electrical equipment, electronic computing and control system, power and distribution control equipment, measuring, recording, processing and control devices, indicating devices, instruments and gauges.
- Fabricates parts as required using machine and hand tools common to the trade. Burns, brazes, solders, and performs simple layout, fabrication, and welding in the servicing of electrical and electronic equipment, including related piping and mechanical components.
- Makes either permanent or temporary repairs or adjustments to equipment such as main motor drives, generators, control panels, delays, controllers, switchboards, circuit breakers, lighting circuits, resistors, etc.
- Installs and repairs conduit, splices, and insulates wires and cables, makes splices on hot lines, isolates circuits for repairs.
- Maintains integrating, indicating or graphic electrical or mechanical instruments.
- Makes mechanical repairs as required in connection with the servicing of electrical and electronic equipment, including cranes.
- Advises when faulty equipment should be shut down for repairs.
- Tests, repairs and/or adjusts electronic scales to correct any variation from accuracy required.
- Tests, repairs, and adjusts electrical meters, such as oscillograph, tachometer, ammeter, voltmeter, power factor meter, phase shifter, etc.
- Cleans, paints, and lubricates equipment such as bearings, lights, reflectors, switch boxes, controls, pumps, compressors, fans, etc.
- Installs, repairs, and maintains power transmission lines, transformers, high tension substation equipment such as disconnects, switch gear, bushings, insulator slings, lighting arrestors, phase wire grounding equipment.
- Installs cross arms, insulators, pole hardware, and lines, working, ladders and scaffolds.
- Fills out various reports or forms pertaining to maintenance work performed, parts and materials used, inspections made, etc.
- Operates cranes, machinery, mobile equipment, hydraulic lifts; erects and dismantles pipe scaffolds and performs necessary rigging duties in connection with the servicing of electrical and electronic equipment.
- Maintains a safe, clean, and orderly condition of work area and equipment.
- Performs other miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned by supervisor.
About the Company: With a history dating back to the early 1920s, Thomas Steel Strip is today recognized as a world-class industry leader in plating. Whether your applications require cold-rolled or plated steel, you can be confident that Thomas Steel will provide products that meet the highest levels of dimensional and plating layer precision.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to the individual's race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, disability, genetic information, status as a military veteran or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $34.00 - $36.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
- How many years of experience do you have with PLCs?
- Electrical: 2 years (Required)
Work Location: In person