The responsibilities of the Assistant Grower within Garden Remedies broadly embrace the key areas described below. Working with the Director of Cultivation, the Assistant Grower will assist in the day-to-day operations of growing consistent, high-quality medical marijuana while remaining fully consistent with Garden Remedies’ Standard Operating Procedures. Extensive knowledge of the plant and its environment are necessary for success.
- Implements cultivation techniques and methodologies at various stages of plant growth and development, as directed by Cultivation Management Team.
- Participates in harvests, trimming, cloning and other duties to maintain an efficient work flow through-out the facility.
- Assists in the operations of the grow, to include but not limited to set-up, cleaning of pots and equipment, repotting, cloning and all other duties as required.
- Maintains a respectful and business-like work environment.
- Maintains a serious, positive and team-oriented approach to Security, reporting any security concerns or breaches immediately to designated person(s).
- Assists the Cultivation Management Team daily to ensure that whatever that needs to be done within the facility and with the plants is completed in a timely manner.
- Reviews daily check lists and ensures that the appropriate procedures within each room are completed and ensures that the rooms are clean and in good working order.
- Understands and reviews operational equipment within the indoor plant production rooms, including temperature gauges, water and CO2 levels.
- Is responsible for adhering to Garden Remedies’ Security Policies and Procedures as well as the MA DPH’s regulations 105 CMR 725.110: Security Requirements for Registered Marijuana Dispensaries.
- Has 2+ years’ experience or a BS degree applicable to growing for a large-scale commercial cultivation facility.
- Strong inter-personal skills with the ability to engage in creating an amicable work-place.
- Good personal hygiene, physical aptitude and health necessary to perform manual labor.
- The candidate must pass the state required background check and will have a high security clearance within the company. 5. Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Works under the general supervision of the Cultivation managers
- This position is not responsible for supervising other employees
- At least 21 years of age.
- Must be able to pass a background check
- Must not have been convicted of any felony offense
- Medical marijuana and recreational marijuana knowledge highly desirable
- Experience in a complex, fast-paced environment
- Ability to genuinely and respectfully connect with coworkers
- Desire to learn more about cannabis
- Organization and planning skills
- Team-building skills
- Ability to pass all required background checks to work with cannabis
- Ability to work a set schedule
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Other types of insurance
- Gym memberships or discounts
- Flexible schedules
- Workplace perks such as food/coffee and flexible work schedules