Deliver business value through Right and Fast partnership
Responsible for the timely chemical processing of metal parts. Help develop and follow procedures that result in a controlled process of manufacturing in the chemical processing area. Will help maintain the production bath line chemistry specifications and perform line maintenance when necessary. Position must be flexible and able to train in various departments.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
Support the Honeywell Operating System (HOS) by:
- Strictly follow all procedures, safety policies, maintaining a safe work environment for self and others.
- Responsible for the timely chemical processing of metal parts by operating equipment, monitoring equipment and parts, recording data and transporting parts through the appropriate processes
- Operates computer during the chemical process for inventory management and operation of automated equipment.
- May take various measurements of the product and inspect product throughout the process as required.
- Responsible for accuracy of procedures to the existing processes. Review and maintain Operating Manual and SOP's in accordance to the Quality System requirements.
- Participate in continuous improvement of operating procedures.
- May perform routine line operational maintenance including clip, barrel, or rack upkeep.
- Maintain documents and records of pertinent information which may include visual Matrix, preventative maintenance schedule, etc.
- May rack and un-rack parts on all applicable lines as necessary.
- Support chemical analysis and maintenance of chemical processing baths to ensure that all chemistry is within operating parameters.
- Assist with trouble-shooting chemical and process problems as needed.
- Participate and support the department/company housekeeping activities.
- Safe transportation of raw materials and waste chemicals throughout the facility.
- Use applicable Six Sigma tools for data collection and continuous improvement.
- Performs daily job functions in accordance with policies from: EH&S, Quality, and housekeeping.
- Support and participate in all Structured Safety Process activities for this job classification, as outlined in the site SSP Manual.
o Seeking opportunities for improvement and taking corrective action on his/her own initiative.
o Actively participating in the continuous improvement process, owning their idea through the PDCA cycle, including asking co-workers for their input.
o Immediately resolving a quality issue or seeking technical expertise to resolve the issue, if necessary.
o Perform 5S and housekeeping duties as required.
20 follow complex chemical/plating procedures
20 understand Hazardous Material Information Systems labels
20 timely chemical processing of metal parts by operating equipment,
20 monitoring equipment and part
20 monitoring equipment and part
- High School diploma or GED.
- A minimum of 6 months related experience working with chemicals or a chemical-related education, or an equivalent combination of both.
- MS Office computer skills.
- Basic math skills required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to follow complex chemical/plating procedures.
- The ability to learn and understand Hazardous Material Information Systems labels.
- Adaptable to changing work environment, priorities, and demands.
- Cross functional in operation of various chemical operation lines.
Performance Materials and Technologies
Continued Professional Development
Integrated Supply Chain
15128 E Euclid Ave, Spokane, WA 99216 USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.