Perform a wide variety of repairs, maintenance, installations, replacements, preventative maintenance and diagnostic tasks for various makes and models of delivery vans and/or semi-trailers (dependent on site location) in an efficient, timely, accurate, professional and safe manner in accordance with all Company polices DOT, OSHA and other governmental standards and regulations. Demonstrate the company’s core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion, and safety.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following: Other duties may be assigned.
- Repair or rebuild all or part of equipment to include foundation brakes, air systems, ABS, suspensions, sliders, landing gear, roll up doors, electrical, lights, interior and exterior body repairs
- Perform safety inspections of equipment and prepare safety documentation
- Complete computer based work orders with accurate repair descriptions of the work performed and insure parts used are charged to the work order
- Perform basic welding skills
- Follow Harris Teeter’s policy and procedures in making all repairs
- Access any area of the equipment to perform necessary maintenance, including: inspecting and performing work in, on or under parts of vans and trailers
- Maintain shop cleanliness, safety and compliance
- Apply knowledge and work in accordance with DOT, Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), Interstate Authority, Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and other rules and regulations as required
- Maintain knowledge and proficiency on equipment and technologies that enhance
- Harris Teeter’s productivity
- Participate in company and/or vendor training programs
- Must be able to perform the essential job functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner.
- Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Shares expertise with others.
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Responds to requests for service and assistance.
- Interpersonal - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality.
- Oral Communication - Listens and gets clarification; Demonstrates group presentation skills.
- Team Work - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Change Management - Develops workable implementation plans; Communicates changes effectively.
- Visionary Leadership - Displays passion and optimism; Inspires respect and trust.
- Business Acumen - Displays orientation to profitability; Aligns work with strategic goals.
- Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget; Develops and implements cost saving measures.
- Diversity - Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Promotes a harassment-free environment; Builds a diverse workforce.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; Works with integrity and ethically.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Supports organization's goals and values.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability - Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Initiative - Undertakes self-development activities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities.
- Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity; Generates suggestions for improving work.
- Judgment - Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Motivation - Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard of excellence.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Develops realistic action plans.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality.
- Quantity - Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity.
Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Minimum job qualifications/requirements:
- High School diploma or GED and one year certificate from college or technical school; or 2 years related experience in van/trailer repair and maintenance and/or training in mechanics, welding body and door repair; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Flexibility to work outside of scheduled shift if needed
- Safely walk & stand for extended periods of time on various surfaces that may be uneven or slippery (including working outdoors in inclement weather)
- Lift objects of various shapes, sizes, and weights (up to 50 lbs. frequently and greater than 75 lbs. occasionally)
- Safely walk, reach (including above your head), bend, climb, push, pull, twist, squat & kneel as necessary to perform the job duties
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Must supply own mechanic tools- 1/2” drive required for van and trailer repairs
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $26.20 - $27.20 per hour