White Plains Hospital Job Description
Executive Assistant to Sr. VP & Chief Operating Officer
Administration/WPH Main Campus
Sr. VP & Chief Operating Officer
Reporting directly to the Sr. VP & Chief Operating Officer (COO), the Executive Assistant will be responsible to handle a wide range of administrative and executive support-related tasks, and should be able to work independently with little or no supervision. The Executive Assistant will be a highly resourceful team-player, who is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, sometimes under pressure, while remaining flexible, proactive, and efficient. The individual will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities. The Executive Assistant to the Sr. VP & Chief Operating Officer provides services to help execute the organization's operational goals.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities Includes the Following:
1. Understands and adheres to the WPH Performance Standards, Policies and Behaviors.
2. Provides comprehensive support services to the Sr. VP & COO that ensures professional, responsive and effective experience.
3. Manages the day to day administrative affairs of the Sr. VP & COO maintaining a high degree of confidentiality & discretion. Schedules all appointments and other commitments as needed.
4. Anticipates the Sr. VP & COO's needs and proactively bringing together appropriate people and resources to support the Sr. VP & COO in addressing issues.
5. Provides sophisticated calendar management. Prioritizes inquiries and requests while troubleshooting conflicts with little guidance, makes judgments and recommendations to ensure smooth day-to-day engagements.
6. Administers correspondence, manages incoming calls, and prioritizes messages, emails and mail. Handles all calls with sophistication and professionalism.
7. Uses Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint to produce materials for meetings.
8. Prepares for meetings and events including creating agendas, ordering food, booking conference rooms and arranging video/audio equipment.
9. Represents the Sr. VP & COO by welcoming visitors, arranging meetings and engagements and answering questions and meeting requests directed to the Sr. VP & COO.
10. Processes all incoming correspondence prioritizing and determining disposition. Directs mail to appropriate internal staff with instructions and/or suggestions for preparation and reply
11. Reviews and prepares documents for Sr. VP & COO's signature such as purchase orders, leave requests, contracts etc.
12. Maintains files used by Sr. VP & COO and other confidential files.
13. Responds to and addresses confidential and sensitive information with poise, tact and diplomacy.
14. Provides oversight and supervision to volunteers/interns as needed.
15. Performs all other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience Requirements
High School Diploma or GED required. Bachelor's degree or combination of education and/or experience preferred.
Five to seven years professional experience in administrative or executive assistant role preferred.
Experience with Microsoft Office Suite required.
- Strong verbal & written communication skills.
- Independent judgment & decision making skills
- Attention to detail
- Strong planning & organization skills
- Ability to adapt to readily changing environment & requests
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions
Physical/Mental Demands/Requirements & Work Environment
- May be exposed to chemicals necessary to perform required tasks. Any hazardous chemicals the employee may be exposed to are listed in the hospital's SDS (Safety Data Sheet) data base and may be accessed through the hospital's Intranet site (Employee Tools/SDS Access). A copy of the SDS data base can also be found at the hospital switchboard, saved on a disc.
- Ability to use computer for extensive periods of time
- Occasional lift and or move of 15 to 20 pounds
- Requires frequent movement about the department and to other departments throughout the hospital
- Must be able to move about the hospital to various locations throughout the day
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time
- Ability to respond to frequent calls
- Extended working hours may be necessary
Primary Population Served
Check appropriate box(s) below:
?Neonatal (birth – 28 days)
?Patients with exceptional communication needs
?Infant (29 days – less than 1 year)
?Patients with developmental delays
?Pediatric (1 – 12 years)
?Patients at end of life
?Adolescent (13 – 17 years)
?Patients under isolation precautions
?Adult (18 – 64 years)
?Patients with cultural needs
?Geriatric (> 65 years)
?Bariatric Patients with weight related comorbidities
? Non-patient care population
The responsibilities and tasks outlined in this job description are not exhaustive and may change as determined by the needs of White Plains Hospital.