Autani Automated Building Controls
Energy Services Company Channel
At Autani , our Territory Sales Manager (TSM) is responsible for developing sales channels and driving sales results for the Autani suite of software and hardware products that deliver automated building controls for existing commercial and institutional buildings in the designated territory. The diverse types of solutions that Autani designs, manufactures, and sells are described at www.Autani.com. The range of customers and influencers that our TSM is responsible for will be diverse. In addition, our TSMs provide sales and technical feedback to the Autani Engineering and Operations teams regarding our products, software and services, installation support and customer satisfaction as well as any other information impacting sales.
- Build, maintain, and grow relationships with Energy Services Companies and any associated contractor and distribution partners, as well as any sales agents, end users, and specifiers with the assigned territory in the Northeastern United States.
- Increase sales revenue by leveraging existing customer base, relationships, and strategic alliances to capture a significant foothold in targeted areas. Develop and implement sales plans for assigned region.
- Participate in one-on-one, phone and in-person sales meetings. ~60% travel expectation required to establish, maintain, and grow strategic relationships with partners, agents, specifiers, and end-users. A typical work week involves traveling Tues-Thurs, with Mon and Fri used as office days for planning and follow-up.
- Oversee the development and timely delivery of quotes and pricing to partners, including the generation of quotations as required, or supervision of quotes activity by Autani engineers.
- Conduct research to identify and qualify prospective clients, projects, and partners. Fully utilize and maintain an up-to-date summary of selling activities in the Autani Opportunity Tracking System (CRM database), including calendar, sales pipeline, account profile and day-to-day sales contact activities.
- Gather appropriate information to satisfy first order information including contact information and identification of key decision makers as well as detailed project requirements including particularly the competitive pressures involved in a project.
- Maintain timely follow-ups on quotations, documenting wins and losses with background information.
- Exhibit and attend trade shows as required.
- Perform services as needed in order to become the “go to” controls thought leader within your region as perceived by your peers, competitors, and customers.
Competence/ Skill Sets:
- Passion for selling building efficiency solutions for existing buildings (a shorter sales cycle and more direct sales experience vice new business development via specifications).
- Solid knowledge of the automated building controls industry and solutions (lighting, HVAC, energy management, etc.).
- An interest in listening to Client’s needs and curious inquiries in order to fully understand what Clients want to be able to purchase.
- Experienced selling “solutions” vs. components or SKU’s, and in particular solutions that use software and employ user-interfaces as well as the requisite service and support plans that provide an opportunity to maintain client satisfaction following the original sale.
- Demonstrated success managing client expectations and satisfaction as well as developing, growing, and managing ESCOs and Contractor clients and any associated commercial lighting representatives, distributors, and VAR partners.
- Experience assisting customers with the design and layout of lighting control and/or energy management systems for commercial buildings.
- Demonstrated executive level presentation skills.
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills with robust commercial business acumen and ability to read and interpret plans and specifications.
- Excellent problem-solving skills with the ability to drive resolution.
- High level of self-confidence, maturity and integrity.
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction.
- Resourceful and proactive in identifying sales opportunities and traction into sales channels.
- Thrives on closure of the deals, and not just the chase.
- Polished, professional and engaging style.
- Comfortable performing a wide range of responsibilities, from thinking broadly to executing detailed tasks.
- Ability to conceptualize, analyze, and concisely communicate benefits of emerging technologies to customers, partners and industry leaders.
- Excited about Autani’s business potential and cutting-edge technology.
Education & Minimum Experience:
- BS degree in Business, Marketing, Engineering or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 7 years selling into or managing a North American dealer or reseller network in energy management or building automation controls/solutions required, or alternatively, similar direct sales experience with end-user customers
- Previous responsibility for achieving a specific sales budget/goal.
- Must be able to work in U.S. without sponsorship.
Job Type: Full-time