The Vice President of US West Operations for Workplace Experience and Solutions is responsible for the operations and continuous improvement of the services that are used in the West Coast Operations. This includes IT support to Film, Entertainment, and Park Businesses and support of all businesses and functions with a presence on the west coast. This role supports services for over 10,000 employees and 4,000 partners. This operations portfolio includes oversight of all technology, processes, support systems and staff delivering services to the NBCUniversal business. The position reports directly to the Senior Vice President of Workplace Experience and Solutions and has responsibility for;
- Develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders on the US West Coast and meet regularly with internal clients to focus on CPI actions for the operations
- Partner with key internal leaders to bring solutions to our clients’ unique needs and coordinate with Engineering to ensure global standards and best practices
- Executing policies of the CIO and CISO and shaping device standards and strategy to meet their clients’ needs
- Lead west coast teams responsible for Incident Response
- Oversee employee technology strategy including deployment, updates and patching, technology refresh, and maintenance for devices including, but not limited to: Windows and Mac PCs, iOS tablets and smart phones
- Lead Meeting Room Technology Operations including, but not limited to: remote diagnostics, monitoring and self-healing technologies for Cisco room kits, Crestron control systems, AppleTV, DirectTV, Xfinity and other video systems.
- Oversee TechBar staffing, operations, and process improvements
- Oversee user support for Office 365 Collaboration Suite including Teams, SharePoint, Email, Calendaring with devices and enterprise applications
- Lead local configuration, reporting and maintenance for facilities and physical security applications and interfaces (e.g., Lenel security systems)
- Lead local Executive Support team staffing, procedures, training and service execution
The Vice President of US West Operations will develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders on the US West Coast and meet regularly with internal clients to focus on CPI actions for the operations. This leader will partner with key internal leaders to bring solutions to our clients unique needs and coordinate with Engineering to ensure global standards and best practices. The Vice President of US West Operations is responsible for executing policies of the CIO and CISO and shaping device standards and strategy to meet their clients’ needs. The west coast teams under this leader are responsible for Incident Response.
This is a leader of leader role with multiple teams focused on the delivery of services critical to the conduct of business at NBCU. The successful candidate needs the following qualifications;
- Minimum of ten (10) years of previous experience running a large scale, client-facing technology operations service with significant operating budget
- Experience and proven positive results with a 24/7/365 large scale on call operational environment
- Strong capability to build and maintain relationships with clients.
- Understanding of workplace technologies including; windows, macOS, iOS, Cisco meeting room kits, ServiceNow, Collaboration Applications such as WebEx, Teams, SharePoint, Email, Calendaring, MSOffice Products, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team of project managers, analysts, and technicians to deliver and continuously improve services.
- Ability to recruit and develop talent
- Ability to manage contracts including SLA based work and staff augmentation contracts.
- Demonstrated ability to create a vision, develop successful business case and implementing solutions that apply technology to solve business needs
- Demonstrated ability to lead a group of managers responsible for various support services departments within a facilities organization
- Proven track record of interacting effectively with all levels of management
- Excellent communication, presentation, negotiation and influencing skills
- Communicate effectively with internal clients as well as negotiate and establish working relationships with vendors and partners critical to the business
- Consultative style: able to provide excellent client service while also able to diplomatically push back with alternate approaches or solutions
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize and meet project deadlines
- Experience working in a functionally aligned environment and demonstrating ability to operate effectively with multiple reporting lines and stakeholders
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred, advanced degree a plus
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.