Please Note: Cover Letter and Resume Required
Genteel & Bard is Savannah’s premiere luxury southern lifestyle and Savannah touring company. We also run the highest-rated, top-ranked ghost tour experience in Savannah. Check out our customer reviews on TripAdvisor.
We are looking to add fresh talent to our tour guide presence.
- This is more than a short-term gig. We offer performance bonuses, consistency, and a superlative opportunity for great pay in addition to work/life balance. This is the perfect long-term position for artists, aspiring entrepreneurs, teachers, professors, university students, or those with history in the luxury travel sphere.
- Each of our guests are treated with kind enthusiasm and respect - like treasured family. We offer Savannah’s luxury-grade touring experience. Our guides,
(Savannah Hosts), are expected to perform a cut above the rest. T.C., co-owner of the company, has a personal history with guest-relations with Four Seasons Resorts. We bring the same level of commitment to service and guest satisfaction. Our individual guests are not just a ticket sold – they are valued customers who have gifted us with two hours of their Savannah vacation. We aim to make these the most memorable and fun two hours of their trip.
- Genteel & Bard runs a historically accurate, history-heavy ghost tour, with an emphasis on heightened entertainment value. Those with a true passion for history, ghost stories, and performance are encouraged to apply.
- Lead groups of up to 25 guests on two-hour ghost tours of Savannah’s Historic District
- Memorize large quantities of information, (Savannah’s dark history and ghost lore) assimilate, and deliver it back in a consistent, energetic, engaging, and true-to-self fashion
- Exhibit southern hospitality, respect, etc. We refer to our guests as ma’am and The good time and satisfaction of our guests is our TOP PRIORITY.
- Conduct oneself with confidence and professionalism in an ever-diverse presence of personalities, cultures, ages, etc.
- Exhibit problem-solving and risk management skills – from monitoring guest safety, to calming raucous parties, to off-handed guest commentary
- Adhere and contribute to the company culture of honesty, dependability, open communication, and respect
- Promptness – fifteen minutes early is on time.
- Assume the responsibility of representing Genteel & Bard and the city of Savannah with the upmost dedication to kindness, politeness, and professionalism
- Understand and assume the responsibility of historical accuracy and dedication to the honor of sharing that history
- Occasionally represent Genteel & Bard as a guide to high-profile luxury travelers, journalists, bloggers, and hospitality professionals
- Absolute compliance to the City of Savannah Codes of Compliance for tour guides
- Have an appreciation for and love of Savannah history, heritage, and folklore, and be excited to share it
- Basic understanding of the importance of body language in storytelling
- Superlative Communication Skills, Public Speaking / Oratory Skills
- Comfortable with eye contact and engaging on a human level with other humans
- Quick Witted, Light on Your Feet
- Outgoing, performance-fueled, high-energy
- Capable of reading a crowd
- Appreciation and respect for the power of a first impression and passion for making a great one
- Must be available to work nights and weekends. However, we are a family-owned company, so we will never force anyone to work a holiday or miss important family functions given adequate notice. (*We will ask that guides work Halloween night – but if you have a child/children, we will do our best to work around a trick-or-treating schedule for you so you don’t miss important time with family)
- Capable of being on foot for extended periods of time during potentially inclement weather
- Comfortable with basic technology and willing to take personal responsibility for audio software, etc.
$30 per hour / per 2-hour tour
+ tips (can range from $0 - $200+ per tour)
Periodic performance bonuses
Training Period consists of unpaid self-directed content study + self-guided rehearsal, in addition to in-person guided training and tour rehearsals which pay $10 per hour.
The length of the training period relies heavily on self-motivation. The faster you excel, the sooner you can start
- Valid Driver’s License
- Reliable Transportation
PLEASE NOTE: Background Check and Drug Test will be Conducted Prior to Hiring
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $30.00 /hour
- Driver's License (Required)