A long term deployment to Iwakuni, Japan for a Database Administrator supporting the Joint Strike Fighter (JSF) Autonomic Logistics Information System (ALIS) for the United States Marine Corps (USMC).
Database Administrator for an operational squadron, responsible for ensuring the integrity of all the databases and data products within the system.
The Database Administrator maintains the internal database of the system as well as the individual applications to manage the full data lifecycle needs of ALIS. The Database Administrator works closely with the System Administrator to carry out and sustain system-wide backups and restores. The Database Administrator will provide maintenance of databases to include the following: backups, disaster recovery, database support (status checks, Oracle critical patch updates). Performs Database technical duties to include general backups, restore, updates, testing, debugging, integration and analysis. The specific duties include performing data transfers between operating units and other systems (internal and external), providing user access to data, keeping servers operational, configuring assets to support user needs, troubleshooting assets. Monitors test progress, corrective actions, hardware/software baseline status, testing patches and an overall status of the system.
The OCONUS Locale:
Iwakuni is a city on the Japanese Island of Honshu in the eastern part of Yamaguchi Prefecture, bordering the Seto Inland Sea. Iwakuni is a great place to live and offers much entertainment and culture for its residents and visitors alike. The Marine Corps Air Station Iwakuni or MCAS Iwakuni is located in the city of Iwakuni. Yamaguchi Prefecture is in the Chugoku region on Honshu island. The capital is the city of Yamaguchi, in the center of the prefecture. US expats living in Japan have lots of great things to say about their experience living in this exotic country with its vibrant people and dynamic culture.
The selected applicant selected may be required to work at deployed locations, work rotating shifts, and work in excess of 40 hours per week. Must be willing to travel, to include Squadron CONUS/OCONUS/Ship-based deployments for extended periods depending on operational needs.
Deployment and continued employment is contingent upon successful completion of the OJT required at Lockheed Martin’s training locations prior to international assignment. These locations may include but are not limited to: Luke AFB, AZ; Nellis AFB, NV, Hill AFB, UT; Eglin AFB, FL; Edwards AFB, CA; Fort Worth, TX; Orlando, FL; Yuma, AZ; Beaufort, SC.
Relocation is available for this exciting international assignment
This is not a telecommuting position.
Candidates must have a final transferrable Secret security clearance with an investigation within the last 5 years. Must be able to attain and maintain Special Access Program (SAP) access
Certified in Security+ with Continuing Education (CE)
In addition to the following:
1) Prior Database Administration and/or Database Development experience
2) Proficiency in all MS Office applications
3) Good Communication & Verbal skills
4) Self Starter & the ability to multitask
5) Working knowledge of the following:
- Oracle Performance Tuning
- Oracle Administration
- Operating Systems
- Scripting Languages (shell, batch PERL)
- Oracle administration in a Windows environment
6) Must be willing to work off hours depending on operational needs.
7) Must be willing to travel, to include Squadron deployments for extended periods depending on operational needs.
8) Time zone differences may require adjusted shift schedule as necessary to participate in telcons or VTCs with external teams
1) Previous experience, current knowledge, and developed skills in data administration, especially in an Oracle environment, are highly desired and preferred.
2) Desired certification:
Oracle Certified Associated (OCA)/Oracle Certified Professional (OCP) Certification.
3) Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to create presentation material for senior military staff and management.
4) Periodic Reinvestigation must be within the last five years.
5) Familiarity with existing LM products and processes, to include Joint Strike Fighter (JSF) F35 Mission Systems hardware and software
6) Demonstrated database administration skills, to include:
- Experience with importing large data volumes and managing large Oracle and SQLServer databases, be able to execute and troubleshoot database SQL scripts and report/correct finding and issues.
- Database restoration for disaster recovery from most current backups
- Manually install Oracle Critical Patch Updates
- Reviewing V$ tables and DBA views for any issues that may arise
- Locate user session data via the command line
- Oracle Recovery Manager (RMAN) experience for backup and recovery to include hot and cold backups.
- Understanding of SQL/PL-SQL language and be able to execute.
7) Demonstrated system administration skills, to include applying OS updates, antivirus/antispyware updates, and patch updates
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.