Headquartered in Louisville, KY and ranked among the top carriers in the U.S., Mercer Transportation has earned a reputation as one of the nation's leading owner operator companies. For over thirty years, Mercer has built a family of contractors on the foundation of honesty, professional freedom and experience.
Mercer is an irregular route carrier that operates an owner operator fleet of more than 2,000 trucks with no company-owned equipment. Primarily, Mercer is a truckload carrier of general commodities, offering flatbed, stepdeck and dry van services. Our logistics system operates with authority for the continental United States, Canada and interline contracts into Mexico.
Essential Job Functions
General Duties and Maintenance:
1) New and renovation construction projects - installation of the following:
Service and distribution equipment, (208V & 480V) with related conduit and conductors
Grounding and bonding
Lighting and branch circuit devices with related conduit and conductors
Connections to equipment provided by others
Copper data cabling and terminations (Cat 5e)
Fiber optic cabling (terminations by others)
Low voltage control systems
2) Specialty systems – installation and maintenance:
Gate operators and control
Building access control
Video surveillance system (cameras and cabling)
HVAC environmental control
Wireless distribution system
Standby generator system
Facility wired network
3) Preventative and general maintenance and repairs:
Periodic review of all power distribution equipment
Periodic testing and replacements of life safety devices
Repair and replace defective lighting, devices and/or misc. as required
Assist “Specialty systems” subcontractors as may be required
Essential Skills and Experience
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
1. Minimum of 10 years experience
2. Valid Master or Journeyman electrical license in good standing
3. Experience in industrial and/or commercial electrical systems (120/208V & 277/480V)
4. Demonstrable ability to perform the work as outlined above (General duties and maintenance)
5. Thorough knowledge of safety procedures and legal regulations and guidelines
6. Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving ability
7. Ability to follow instructions and maintain logical follow-through on all projects.
8. Ability to follow guidelines as defined in the current National Electrical Code and other life safety codes
9. Efficiently answer and respond to questions regarding projects and resolve most minor maintenance issues without supervision.
10. Ability to work in fast-paced, high volume environment and ensure department and company goals and deadlines are met on schedule and efficiently.
11. Basic computer skills and knowledge
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
1. Ability to maintain physical condition appropriate to the performance of assigned duties and responsibilities which may include: Performing physical activities that require considerable use of body strength, sitting, standing, climbing stairs, or walking for extended periods of time; operating tools and office equipment; and lifting up to 100 pounds.
2. Visual Acuity; ability to see and hear within normal parameters, must use hands and fingers to use keyboard and mouse when required by essential functions of position; operate equipment or controls; reach above shoulder heights, below the waist; or lift to perform the essential functions of the job throughout the work day. Proper lifting techniques required.
3. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to outdoor weather conditions. The noise in the work environment may exceed moderate levels.