The part-time Administrative and Front of House Management Assistant position is a split position supporting overall theater administration and also front of house management.
The position will assist theater administration by supporting the Administrative
Coordinator with various theater projects, including but not limited to projects for marketing, programming, events, and finance as well as regular day-to-day administrative tasks. The position will also assist front of house management by having bottom-line responsibility for concession management (ordering, inventory, and wasting) and front of house staff scheduling.
This position will report to and take direction from the Administrative Coordinator overall but will liaise with the Front of House Events Team Lead directly and regularly regarding concession management and FOH staff scheduling needs and status.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Creating and submitting Box Office Reports
- Sending and updating showtimes to Fandango/Google
- Film program and film affinity group marketing research; supporting special series and film-event curation by making recommendations and developing ideas with
- Update Revel inventory and membership as received and run reports for review as needed
- Notify Marketing Manager of monthly concessions specials based on inventory that needs to rotate
- Order delivery from Sam's/ShopRite/Restaurant Depot/BK foods or other vendors for Concessions/Hospitality as needed
- Update menu as needed
- Delegate to FOH staff any food items that need packaging and/or storage and advise staff on food-safe handling practices for packaging those items.
- Oversee FOH staff compliance with food inventory rotation (oldest is sold first), wasting expired food and documenting expiration dates for all items.
Front of House Support
- Work box office or concessions once-a-week.
- Schedule FOH Staff on T-Sheets and field any questions about timesheets/scheduling
- Assist with FOH job posting, resume review and interviewing for FOH staff as needed. Fill in as needed, cover shifts.
- Research new furniture/products for FOH as needed and make recommendations
- General administrative assistance
- Assist in ongoing marketing initiatives: quarterly mailings, outreach assistance, updating team calendar listings with local events
- Music Booking Contract Support
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 2 years of administrative or office experience
- Concessions and/or restaurant inventory/ordering experience preferred
- Demonstrated success keeping an office or project organized
- Using a point of sale system to sell food and run reports
- Proficiency in MS Office with expertise in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Proficiency with a point of sale system and running reports, preferably Revel
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to multitask while working independently as well as contributing successfully within a team environment
- Ability to lift 25 pounds and climb stairs
- Demonstrated skill in staying organized and being resourceful, with a great attention to detail and ability to juggle multiple timelines and tasks.
- Must be a team player and comfortable working in a startup environment where systems are being established.
Interests: A culture vulture with a demonstrated interest in indie film and arts is preferred.
Hours: Hourly, part-time. Evening shifts required. Staff coverage required in case of emergency
Rate of Pay: $17 per hour
How To Apply: Please send resume and cover letter to hthires2@ gmail.com
Position reports to Administrative Coordinator
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $17.00 /hour
- Administrative Assistant: 2 years (Required)
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends required