Who we are...
Verra Mobility is a global leader in smart mobility. We develop technology-enabled solutions that help the world move safely and easily. We are fostering the development of safe cities, working with police departments and municipalities to install over 4,000 red-light, speed, and school bus stop arm safety cameras across North America. We are also creating smart roadways, serving the world's largest commercial fleets and rental car companies to manage tolling transactions and violations for over 8.5 million vehicles. And we are a leading provider of connected systems, processing nearly 165 million transactions each year across 50+ individual tolling authorities.
The Sr Windows Systems Administrator
will report to and work closely with the Server Administration team and IT Manger. Primary responsibilities will consist of design, implementation, maintenance and disaster recovery planning for the Microsoft Windows infrastructure environment. In addition, the candidate will help manage the full technical environment including systems administration responsibilities across a wide array of technical services.
We are looking for a talented individual to join our team to assist in defining, extending, and maintaining our state of the art infrastructure. Candidate should have excellent analytical and problem solving skills and have a hands-on, "get it done" attitude.
- Install, configure, update, and maintain Microsoft (MS) Windows servers in a large, complex environment
- Manage servers and upgrades; Manage GPOs, Active Directory structure and certificate services.
- Addresses and rectifies server problems, works with Microsoft, VMware or other vendors as necessary
- Monitor system capacity (CPU, memory, ports, disk space, etc.) and take appropriate action to report and correct any issues
- Assist in planning and deployment of disaster recovery procedures
- Responsible for planning, testing, tuning, configuration of Microsoft Exchange and readiness for O365 integration
- Provide support of Windows Active Directory services, domain controller maintenance, creation and administration, operational support for local area networks, Windows servers; desktop device support and DNS.
- Provide common and advanced system administration functions for local and remote systems including user administration, automation, patch management, backup and restore, capacity/log monitoring, clustering and replication. Install and maintain server class hardware. VMware/VSphere/ESX setup, configuration and general management.
- Install, maintain, and troubleshoot Windows operating systems and applications for production, development and test environments
- Day to day hardware (server and storage) and software support of Production, development, and QA environments including break/fix, performance troubleshooting, and supporting application troubleshooting.
- Assist in the installation of new software releases, system upgrades, evaluation and installation of patches, and the resolution of software related problems on Windows systems
- Take ownership of escalated support calls and engage vendors as required
- Mentor less experienced team members
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Experience
Aligned with Verra Mobility Values:
- 7 - 10 years proven experience in Microsoft operating systems, Active Directory & Domain architecture, NTFS permissions, Microsoft Server 2008, 2012, 2016, DNS, OS security, VMware/VSphere/ESX.
- 2 + years experience with Microsoft Exchange 2010 and/or O365
- Strong understanding of and experience with Microsoft operating systems, Active Directory & Domain architecture, NTFS permissions, WINS, DNS, OS security, and systems patching
- Practical understanding of networking - routing, subnets, UDP, TCP, IP, & VLANs
- Scripting skills - PERL, batch, shell and/or VB
- Understanding or experience with EMC and NetApp NAS and/or SAN storage systems.
- Experience working in a multi-server environment is required with knowledge of clustering technologies and strategies
- Must have Good verbal and written communications skills.
- Must have very strong problem solving skills.
- Managing/securing/configuring, tuning and monitoring IIS servers
- Must have a minimum of 5 yrs of business experience and/or a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, or an equivalent combination in education and work experience
- Experience with Microsoft Azure IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS environments, a plus
- Do What’s Right – We’re committed to doing the right thing for each other and for our customers – integrity is our DNA.
- Lead With Grace – We embrace the importance of our colleagues and customers and always treat them with kindness and grace.
- Own It – We foster a culture of accountability and excellence, where going the extra mile is standard practice.
- Win Together – We are ambitious and like to win, but we know we win more when we include others and work together.