Senior Retail Financial Consultant, Comerica Securities
The Senior Retail Financial Consultant builds and grows a book of clients and assist them in the planning and arrangement of their financial affairs, such as savings, investments, retirement provisions and tax treatment. The Financial Consultant is a commission-based, sales role with a focus on providing an exceptional client experience and delivering sound investment recommendations. The Financial Consultant must understand a client's financial situation as well as their risk tolerance.
Successful incumbents have strong decision making and problem solving skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills, knowledge of financial markets and instruments, demonstrated customer presentation and customer service skills and demonstrated sales experience.
- Responsible for building their business by adding new clients and additional assets to their business mix. This is accomplished through diligent follow-up of referred opportunities and seeking new business from inside and outside of Comerica.
- Participate in various marketing campaigns, seminars, luncheons, etc. to educate clients on new trends in market while trying to enhance reputation and expand client base.
- Responsible for staying informed as to the economic and political environment and the firm's investment outlook. Further, FCs have a responsibility to utilize Wealth Management tools and stay current on changes to existing products and services and new investment products and services.
- Work with Regional Sales Manager to develop a strategic business plan with measureable results and achieve designated goals to include revenue, referrals and professional development.Client Service:
- Maintain open lines of communication and periodically meet with clients to inform them of current market trends and recommend appropriate investment strategies.
- Utilize sales techniques and tools to identify opportunities to grow business.
- Introduce clients to common Wealth Management issues, and make introductions to appropriate Wealth Management and collaboration partners to discuss solutions to any issues identified.
- Ensure that appropriate market transactions are executed and maintain contact with existing and prospective customers by participating in a customer pre-call program.Risk Management & Compliance:
- Fulfill all regulatory continuing education and regulatory requirements as established by FINRA. Required to understand and follow all Comerica policies and procedures.
- Respond promptly and completely to all inquiries from regulators, internal compliance and supervision.
Some travel is required of this position.
No relocation assistance is provided for this position.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university OR 5 years of experience as a Financial Consultant/Advisor
- 3 years of experience as a Financial Consultant
- 5 years business development experience in the financial services industry
- Series 7, 63 & 65, or Series 7 and 66
- State Life, Accident and health license within 180 days of hire
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled