This position requires someone with a high mechanical aptitude and a wide range of skillets that can correctly build, troubleshoot and repair almost anything they put their hands on and MUST love a challenge! The Candidate will be responsible for Mechanical/Electrical assembly and testing of industrial specialty equipment and anything else we may contract to design/build. This person must proficiently execute assembly, testing, troubleshooting and repair of electrical and mechanical equipment along with the ability to support shop operations at times. They will also be responsible for daily updates to the assembly manager, project manager, engineering and other departments throughout the projects assigned to them.
Essential Job Function, Requirements and Mindset:
- Full of drive and Passion, no complacency.
- Mind of an Owner, who takes ownership of every task.
- Can work independently on most jobs while still being able to collaborate with engineers and other departments when needed.
- Strong problem solving skills and critical thinking to remove “roadblocks” in the assembly process.
- Comprehension of deadlines and how to achieve them, even when issues arise.
- Understanding there are multiple paths to achieving a successful outcome and that having the foresight to change course of direction is crucial to achieving success.
- Interpret written and verbal instructions, engineering drawings and blue prints.
- Light welding/fabrication/metal work and carpentry skills.
- Lead and educate and share knowledge of products, successes and failures.
- Mark up and document changes to drawings.
- Offer solution based ideas to problems and procedures.
- Perform assembly; start up, testing and modification.
- Quality checks of work to identify defects in assembly and or parts used in manufacturing process, caring about Q.C. like you are going to be the end user/buyer.
- Maintain a safe, clean and efficient work area.
- Follow general PPE, identify and reduce safety hazards.
- Load and unload trucks and trailers if needed.
- Knowledge of and ability to use appropriate tools for the task being performed.
- Keep accurate records of billable hours per job.
- Flexibility to work out of town and travel about 6 weeks per year. Run errands, work overtime or work outside of typical schedules if needed.
- Perform other duties as required by supervisor.
- Participate in daily housekeeping, property and shop maintenance/organization.
Preferred backgrounds including but not limited to; mechanical engineering, industrial maintenance, automotive repair, machine fabrication or automation assembly.
Requires extended periods of sitting, standing, bending, climbing, reaching; lifting over 50 pounds; normal range of hearing and vision; and have the ability to work in various climate conditions.
Typical Mental Demands:
Ability to maintain composure during increased times of stress and fatigue. Respectfully interacts with co-workers, vendors and customers.
Job Type: Full-time