Northwest Physicians Networkis now offering qualified candidates an opportunity to join our team as an Accounting Manager.Our company values innovative problem solvers, promotes personal and professional growth and provides a supportive working environment that affords all team members a healthy work/life balance.
The Accounting Manager for NPN will provide leadership and financial reporting for NPN’s Finance Team. The Accounting Manager will work closely with the Finance Director to develop and maintain accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements. This position addresses tight deadlines and a multitude of accounting activities including general ledger preparation, financial reporting, yearend audit preparation and the support of budget and forecast activities. The Accounting Manager will report to the Director of Finance and interact with the Executive Team which requires strong interpersonal communication skills both written and verbal.
Northwest Physicians Network creates the opportunity for independent private practitioners to thrive in Washington State. By providing clinical integration support and data driven quality improvement, we have created a high value delivery network, making it possible for our providers to remain focused squarely on their patients.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage day-to-day general accounting including but not limited to accruals, intercompany charges, payroll, reserves, and
- Manage month-end and GL close to assure timeliness and accuracy
- Analyze and prepare forecast and budget variance explanations as well as monthly and quarterly results fluctuations
- Coordinate maintenance of chart of accounts
- Participate in monthly financial reviews with various company leaders
- Delegate and prioritize requests and projects from various teams
- Work with Finance Manager to provide analysis and feedback on monthly financials, including opportunities to reduce expenses or earn potential additional revenue
- Review and approve journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations prepared by accounting staff
- Coordinate quarterly actuarial reviews of insurance claims reserves
- Assist with quarterly external audits
- Supervise and mentor Accounting Staff
- Attend team meetings, phone conferences, and training as needed
- Know, understand, and follow teammate guidelines, employment policies, and department or company procedures
- Special projects and duties as assigned
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communications skills including ability to listen attentively and to communicate information clearly and effectively
- Demonstrated ability to work well with cross-functional groups
- Demonstrated interpersonal, collaborative, and relationship-building skills; ability to interact positively with teammates at all levels across the company
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to seek out underlying assumptions through probing, questioning, and listening
- Demonstrated ability to present and document work according to standards required. Highly organized with demonstrated exactness in attention-to-detail
- Demonstrated commitment to customer service; ability to empathize with customer needs, to proactively communicate and respond promptly to needs.
- Demonstrated time management skills and ability to work independently, manage multiple projects and priorities in a fast-paced, evolving work environment, and meet deadlines; self-starter with high degree of initiative, urgency, and follow through
- Ability and willingness to take responsibility for results and to see obstacles as challenges
- Flexibility, strong interpersonal, analytical, technical and problem solving attributes.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance required.
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years' experience in accounting or finance required.
- Knowledge of GAAP required
- Advanced computer skills and proficiency in MS Excel required; intermediate proficiency in MS Word and Outlook required
- CPA or MBA preferred
- Proficiency with Mas90 software a plus
Job Type: Full-time