Schneider Saddlery has exciting opportunities for ‘horse people’ who want to pursue a career in the equestrian industry.
We’re excited to offer a 6-month paid development program to train experienced equestrians in various areas of our business. The goal of our program is to offer individuals exposure to the business behind the equestrian industry. After the 6-month assignment, permanent roles may be available depending on individual skill sets and interests, and business needs at that time.
This six-month program includes assignments in customer service, marketing, merchandising, finance, our retail store and more. This is an opportunity for you to utilize your passion for, and knowledge of, the equestrian industry in a bona fide business application. We are also offering a flexible schedule, the ability to learn from some of the most knowledgeable and respected equestrian supply experts in the US, and the opportunity to interact extensively with our enthusiastic customers, both in person and over the phone.
· Work with an 80-person (and growing) team that excels in a customer-focused, collaborative, agile environment.
· Schneiders has the heart of a family-owned business with the resources of a larger organization and none of the red tape.
· Located in Chagrin Falls, Ohio, 35 minutes southeast of Cleveland. With an average commute time of 24 minutes, Cleveland is home to a world-class art museum, the country’s second largest theater district, and a thriving food scene.
· Get outside. You’ll be 20 miles from the most visited national park in the U.S.
· Fuel your love of riding with a generous employee discount on everything we sell.
· Work with like-minded horse people. Ohio has the 6th largest horse population in the U.S. and Geauga County has 2nd largest horse population in Ohio.
· Competitive pay and benefits, plus incentive-based compensation. We believe in setting aggressive, measurable goals, working hard, and rewarding success.
· Bachelor’s Degree (or actively pursuing), preferably in business, marketing, management, or the equestrian field
· Several years of experience or personal knowledge as an equestrian (a “horse person”)
· Exceptional customer service and verbal communication skills; both over the phone and in person
· Excellent planning & organizational skills, and proven presentation skills
· Ability to analyze data
· Computer skills including MS Office Suite (MS Excel, Word, and Access)
Job Type: Full-time