BILINGUAL PRODUCTION SHIFT SUPERVISORS-Hillside, NJ
AAK Foodservice, a division of AAK USA, a Swedish based, world leading producer of high value-added specialty vegetable oils and fats, is a National Foodservice Manufacturer and supplier recognized as the leader in Customer Service and Innovative Solutions. Our purpose is to improve the quality of life of our customers and our employees. We make it our mission to ensure the safety of all employees, develop a highly engaged workforce, and enable our customers to meet their goals while operating in a sustainable and ethical fashion.
We make safe, enjoyable food for customers and consumers while adhering to our team values. At AAK Foodservice we encourage and challenge each other, by speaking honestly and openly and being committed and accountable to one another. We have high expectations of ourselves and rely on one another to produce an enhance trust within our team.
We are currently seeking to hire Bilingual Shift Production Supervisors for all shifts for our Foodservice manufacturing facility in Hillside, NJ.
As a key member of the Operations Team, the Production Supervisor is the front line for the supervision and coordination of activities performed by the production team and will interact intensely with teammates in Logistics, Safety, Quality Assurance, Human Resources, as well as senior managers of the company as we pursue our vision of becoming a national Foodservice manufacturer and supplier recognized as the leader in customer service and innovative solutions.
This position is accountable for leading the production team to produce goods that meet or exceed quality standards in an increasingly efficient way by application of TQM/LEAN principles and by demonstrating a mentality of driving for continuous improvement. The position is critical to attaining the annual plan for the business by effectively deploying personnel and efficiently spending operating and capital expenses.
Success in this role requires effective collaboration skills, general operating knowledge and the ability to consider, advise and influence on a multitude of issues. A high emotional intelligence (EQ), a compelling leadership style that fosters employee engagement and impeccable ethics are additional keystones for success. This operation is to be performed keeping safety as a primary objective and following established GMP, Safety and AAK Foodservice procedures and policies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Leading by example, observance of all good manufacturing practices (GMP) and behaving according to safety guidelines and principles including the donning of appropriate personal protective and food safe equipment
- Serve as a role model for workers in terms of work ethic, professional image, and conduct in full compliance with all policies and procedures
- Communicates Safety, Food Safety, and Quality policies to all employees. Ensures such policies are applied by all employees all of the time
- Foster strong team orientation that assimilates new team members effectively and minimizes turnover
- Ensure high employee engagement by use of effective approach to orientation to personal and food safety training, company culture, procedures, rules, and job requirements; monitor progress frequently to focus on building knowledge and proficiency as well as good work habits
- Develop, deploy and manage staffing that enables effective delivery of high quality goods in the most efficient way
- Monitor work activity in all production areas to address problems, insure processing procedures, safety rules, and sanitation standards are followed
- Coach various team members on a daily basis on how to translate customer requirements to effective line setup, operation and designated maintenance; Instruct new or any contract employees in work rules, methods, and procedures for assignment
- Recommend measures to improve production approaches, equipment performance, and quality of product
- Suggest changes in work conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency and/or improve safety of department or shift
- Interpret company policies to workers and enforce safety and sanitation regulations via company SSOPs, fairly and consistently
- Coordinate job training for team including collaboration of development plans
- Confer with other supervisors to coordinate activities of individual departments or shifts
- Maintain time and production records and submit timely payroll data
- Estimate, requisition, and inspect materials or supplies as required
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the minimum knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- 5-7 years continuous production supervisory experience (Ready-to-eat foods product experience is a plus including batching)
- Must be Bi-lingual in English/Spanish,
- High school degree or equivalent; certificate from college or technical school preferred or the equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to manage multiple processes at one time, lead 50+ employees. Changing between multiple products and product sizes a must
- Excellent MS Office skills, including Excel.
- Experience working with an ERP system
- Ability to write standard operating procedures (SOP's)
- Ability to coach and lead vs. supervising and managing
- Some understanding of Lean experience is required
- BRC, GFSI, SQF experience (not lead experience, just a participant and understanding of auditing)
- Safety background (member of safety team, completed behavioral audits, etc... - any of these will work –
- Demonstrated success interviewing, hiring and training new employees, planning, assigning and directing work, appraising employee performance, rewarding and disciplining employees, addressing complaints and resolving problems
- Coaching mentality and effectiveness with entry level workers across English and Spanish that cultivates high performance/high engagement
- Effective communication skills with multiple audiences including customers, direct teams, peers, superiors and outside resources
- High mathematical aptitude and mastery of basic arithmetic operations as they relate to calculating and converting various units of measure
- Ability to read, comprehend, write simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos, reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the US, now and in the future, without sponsorship.
AAK USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to workforce diversity. EOE. M/F/D/V.
Job Type: Full-time
- production supervisory: 5 years (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)