Outstanding Registered Nurse, RN Emergency Room, Per Diem Coverage Pool Opportunity at Naval Hospital Camp Pendleton, CA!
Come Join Our Team of exceptional health care providers at Naval Hospital Camp Pendleton and experience the immense pride others have discovered in caring for Military Members, their Families and Retired Military Veterans!
POSITION SUMMARY & OBJECTIVE:
- Elevate your career by applying for our ER RN opportunity in support of Naval Hospital Camp Pendleton!
- Excellent Compensation!
- Per Diem Pool Coverage Night Shifts (weekdays & weekends 8.5 OR 12.5 hour shifts)
- Malpractice Insurance Provided!
The Registered Nurse Emergency Room Per Diem Pool is a fundamental purpose is to ensure coverage of the Emergency Room schedule during periods of both scheduled and unscheduled absences.
The duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Complete unit and required command competencies including but not limited to: Intravenous (IV) access/IV therapy, Medication Administration, environment of care, unit specific ER nursing and equipment competencies following NHCP Policies and protocols during shadow orientation shifts. Must be completed prior to working independently.
- Complete all Unit Specific Emergency Department and required command competencies including but not limited to Restraints, Massive Transfusion Protocol, administration of blood products, triage and IV Conscious Sedation following NHCP Policies and protocols within 30 days of assignment at NHCP.
- Receive phone calls and/or patients presenting in the Emergency Room Department and triage patients to appropriate level of care within the military treatment facility
- Successfully completes Emergency Department training competencies within 30 days of assignment at NHCP to include conscious sedation/analgesia training modules.
STAFFING & SCHEDULING:
- Education: Have a BSN or ADN Degree in Nursing from an accredited institution
- Licensure: Maintain a current and unrestricted license to practice nursing in any state.
- Certification: Have and maintain current American Heart Association Life Support Certifications: Basic Life Support (BLS), Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) and Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) is required of RNs working in the Emergency Room.
- Experience: Minimum of One Year of full-time experience within the last three years as a Registered Nurse in a Level III or higher Emergency Department
- Must be a U.S citizen and have the ability to pass a Background Check/Security Clearance.
- Emergency Room RN coverage - Sunday through Saturday, including Federal Holidays in the Emergency Room Department.
- Emergency Room RN Shifts shall normally be between the hours of 1745 – 0615 AND 2145 – 0615. Shift duration may be for an 8.5 or 12.5 hour period which includes an uncompensated 30 minute or one-hour meal break depending on length of shift.
- Emergency Room Scheduling Process: Naval Hospital Camp Pendleton will provide the required ER RN Pool Coverage Schedule at least 60 days in advance. Platinum Business Corporation’s coordinated ER RN Pool Coverage Schedules will be in place 30 days before services are scheduled to start. The schedule shall be complete and include the names of the specific ER RNs who will provide the required coverage. A minimum 72-hour notice of changes to the work schedule is required.
Platinum Business Corporation, provides experienced and committed health care personnel and related health care services to the federal government and private industry. EEO. www.platinumcorporation.com