Kraft Heinz, The Company
As one of the world’s largest food and beverage companies, we are proud to spark joy around mealtimes with a global portfolio of more than 200 brands. Some are iconic master brands like Heinz, Kraft and Planters. Others are fast growing new sensations that defy status quo like DEVOUR and Primal Kitchen. No matter the brand, we are united under one vision To Be the Best Food Company, Growing a Better World . Bringing this vision to life are our 36,000+ teammates around the world, making food people love.
Together, we help provide meals to those in need through our global partnership and commitment with Rise Against Hunger. And we also stand committed to sustainability, and the health of our planet and its people.
Every day, we are transforming the food industry with bold thinking and unprecedented results. If you’re passionate like us - and ready to create the future, build on a storied legacy, and participate as a conscientious global citizen - there’s one thing to do join us.
Our Culture of Ownership, Meritocracy and Collaboration
We’re not afraid to think differently. Embrace new ideas. Dream big. It all comes down to the way we empower our people to own their work. It’s true Our employees are our competitive advantage.
As part of the Kraft Heinz family you’re supported to grow and achieve. You’re recognized and rewarded for outstanding performance at every level. You’re given the opportunity to leave your mark and build legacies. But you won’t do it alone. This is where our values and teamwork thrives and collaborative spirit fuels every day.
The Sr. Manager-Cheese supports the Associate Director of Cheese Procurement to develop sourcing strategy (cost modeling, market analysis, business need assessment) and perform analytics (bid events, supplier negotiations and contract analysis) related to assigned categories. This position owns end-to-end analysis of categories and the supply base to determine lowest landed cost. The role requires constant engagement with suppliers and internal stakeholders in the Business Units to drive supplier performance KPI’s, resolve quality issues and generate market intelligence. This individual will work closely with Product Supply, Marketing, R&D, Quality, Operations and Procurement in support of assigned cheese category. Primary focus will include category optimization, process improvement and delivering against individual and departmental goals.
Key Components of the Role
- Perform spend, contract and market analysis for assigned categories
- Conduct bid events, prepare bid analysis, make sourcing recommendations to strategic sourcing managers
- Generate materials in support of presentations, workshops and negotiations
- Provide necessary inputs for supply agreements and monitor compliance
- Manage supplier performance
- Ensure adherence and compliance to procurement processes and policies
- Develop and execute sourcing strategies for assigned categories
- Stakeholder communication and management
- Supplier relationship management
- Drive aggressive productivity goals and create pipeline of projects
- Capacity planning and business continuity plans
- Ensure Supplier Quality Expectations compliance
- Support innovation projects through the commercialization process
- Bachelor’s degree required (Ag Econ, Economics, Finance, Engineering desired)
- Dairy Industry experience and/or knowledge, preferred but not required
- Minimum 4-6 years of research, commodities and/or procurement experience required
- Strong analytical skills (statistics, economics, cost modeling)
- Organizational skills (handling workload and complexity)
- Ability to interface with wide variety of business situations and all levels of management, trade groups, conventions, etc.)
- Negotiations and influencing skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Problem solving and decision making skills
- Proficient in MS Office, Excel and PowerPoint
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity