The Loan Draw Funding Specialist works closely with R Bank’s lending team while serving to improve operational efficiency by reviewing all loan draws to ensure processes, procedures, and risks and controls are managed effectively company wide.
COMPANY GENERAL POLICY & PROCEDURE:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The competence of the employee in performing his or her job duties will be demonstrated, maintained and improved on an ongoing basis.
The statements contained in this position description reflect the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified and shall not be considered a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the position.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Review commercial and consumer draws, including Accounts Receivable reports and borrowing base requirements to ensure compliance prior to funding. -Review and verify availability of funds.
- Ensure that construction project inspections are in line with the construction draw requests.
- Ensure inspections are ordered and completed.
- Monitor exceptions on draw requests and ensure that files are ultimately exception free.
- Update collateral values on core system as needed.
- Upon request, conduct periodic queries from loan core system.
- Prepare reports as requested by management.
- Establish and manage loan draw risk factors.
- Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years of commercial lending experience required, including processing, closing, perfecting, liens, etc.
- Minimum of 2 year of branch banking experience including a general knowledge of branch operations preferred, but not required.
- Familiarity with loan origination software, word processing, database management and Internet based software programs.
- Ability to be self-motivated.
- Ability to exhibit a warm, friendly, approachable personal style and deal effectively with the customers’ or lenders’ questions.
- Ability to communicate both written and verbally in a professional, courteous, clear, and understandable manner while using correct grammar.
- Ability to read, understand and carry out verbal and written instructions and to request clarification when needed.
- Must demonstrate professionalism in dealing with customers, managers, and coworkers.
- Ability to maintain composure under pressure.
- Perform required duties for extended periods of time, to occasionally include time worked more than the normal daily shift.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to work efficiently and accurately in an atmosphere of frequent interruption.
- Have good problem-solving skills.
- Ability to apply reasoning skills when confronted with circumstances requiring discretionary decisions.
- Proficient in arithmetic, Bank practices and procedures, and departmental rules and regulations.
- Operate office equipment, such as telephones, audio/visual devices, computer or workstation, peripherals, etc.
- Excellent typing and work processing skills. Ten-key calculator, typewriter and keyboard skills.
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $55,000.00 - $68,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Commercial Lending: 4 years (Required)
- Branch Banking: 1 year (Required)
Work Location: In person