The Home & Garden business unit of Spectrum Brands is based in St. Louis, Missouri with distribution, manufacturing and sales offices throughout the US and globe. We are a leading supplier of consumer products nationally for the home, lawn and garden, insect and weed control markets. We deliver groundbreaking products of exceptional value and top-notch quality to consumers with our well-recognized brands including Spectracide®, Hot Shot®, Cutter®, Repel®, Black Flag®, Garden Safe®, EcoLogic® and Liquid Fence®.
The Customer Care Representative specializes in problem resolutions that, quickly identify delayed orders, facilitate resolution, and understand the vast array of SAP Tables and how they interrelate and advise optimum setup solutions that establish the foundation for Supply Chain excellence and meet or exceed the customer’s expectation. Processes orders, including proper rebate administration, and handles all inbound phone calls for customers in multiple channels of distribution. This role works to foster a unified, integrated team environment among all division groups including Sales, Distribution, Supply Chain, Finance, and Credit.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Administer a high volume of inbound EDI orders for quality and timeliness
- Identify and resolve customer orders that are delayed due to product availability, SAP orders holds and SAP table setup or maintenance issues
- Execute order changes in a quality and timely manner, understanding the customer’s requirements
- Answer, respond, and resolve all inbound customer inquiries and issues including phone calls, emails and faxes
- Enter customer orders promptly and with precision including returns
- Analyze SAP tables and advise optimum settings that achieve the highest level of Supply Chain performance which meet or exceed the customer’s requirements
- Participate in the development of tailored, automated fulfillment processes that enable us to utilize the sophistication of SAP and maintain customer compliancy
- Adhere to consistent processes and documentation requirements as set forth under the guidance of Customer Care managers and Sarbanes-Oxley compliance
- Build and maintain key relationships with sales, brokers, customers, business analysts, customer care organization, supply chain, finance, and credit teams
- Foster a unified and integrated team environment with all business units including Sales, Distribution, Supply Chain, and Finance, as well as departmental colleagues
- Act as liaison with Sales, Distribution, and Supply Chain across multiple shipping and contact locations
- Ensure Spectrum Brands plan objectives are met on: Customer compliance, Customer Service Level – OSCOT and LSCOT, customer complaints – both internally and externally, order error rate, returns related to order entry errors, phone quantity and quality metrics, and hold releases.
- Other duties and assignments as directed by Customer Care managers
Education and Experience Profile
- Associates degree in Business or related field required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum 1-3 years of experience in a customer service environment with focus on customer satisfaction and order fulfillment. 3-5 years of experience in lieu of degree will be accepted.
- Order Management experience preferred
- Consumer product experience a plus
- Supply chain experience a plus
- SAP experience a plus
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Accomplished user of Microsoft Office (Excel and Word).
Working conditions are normal for an office environment.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this job/classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Spectrum Brands is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.