Mad Scientist Media is looking for those motivated to learn everything they can about emerging media (Podcasts, video content, etc.) and how the entire ecosystem works. Interns will be able to learn how to create from scratch and get advertisers for their own podcasts as well as the best equipment / setup to used on any budget.
Here at MSM.fm we look to provide those working with us a unique, unparalleled hands on experience with the field. Getting a chance to experience the entire process in a space that is still very fresh and emerging. We are creative problem solvers who thrive in chaos. If you feel that's a learning environment that fits you we'd be excited to have you!
- Attend Recording Sessions - Recording sessions can be held on or off site from our studio location. This can be audio, video or a combination of both. Each session will have a brief going over all the information on it.
- Prep Show Documents - Each episode will have documentation given to host, guest, crew, etc. You'll be learning how to prep those documents and help in distribution.
- Mix Ad Reads - 20 to 30 second ad reads that the Chief Audio Engineer will instruct on how to mix.
- Mix Podcast Episodes - 1hr long episodes, general mixing and ambient sound removal run by the Chief Audio Engineer.
- Maintenance and organization of studio equipment.
- Assisting Chief Audio Engineer with visiting clients.
- Misc. Responsibilities (Social Media Posting, Sending Emails, etc.)
- 1 year + of Audio Engineering, Podcast Production, or Comparable experience.
- (Optional) Working on Bachelors of Music, Bachelors of Science, or Bachelors of Arts
- Experience creating a product from start to finish.
- Must have strong interpersonal and communication skills. - This will be massively important with some of the guests we have slated to come in. We need professionalism above all else.
- Fluent in English
- Flexible hours
- Good Sense of humor - We produce many comedy themed shows so a good sense of humor is a must for this position.
- General familiarity with studio and on set etiquette.
- Dependable - We need reliability over spontaneous action.
- Detail Oriented - You notice the things that slip through the crack others might not see.
This is an unpaid internship, during the internship period if a long term job becomes available we will evaluate a permanent placement after a discussed trial period. Paid-Internship positions start at $14/hr.
About Mad Scientist Media
A media creation company working with a multitude of audio-visual clientele to bring their concepts to life. From inspiration to getting advertisers on their product we are a full service suite.
Job Types: Part-time, Temporary, Internship, Contract
Salary: $0.00 to $17.00 /hour
- Audio Engineering: 1 year (Preferred)
- Video Production: 1 year (Preferred)
- relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
- TV Media Production: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Preferred)
- Mid-Day (Required)
- Evening (Preferred)
- Graveyard (Preferred)
- Morning (Preferred)
- Other forms
- Flexible schedule
- Relocation assistance
- Health insurance
Hours per week:
Typical start time:
Typical end time: