We are seeking an energetic and enthusiastic faculty member to teach Electrical courses in our Electrical Trades program. This is a full-time professional position reporting directly to the Director of Academics. The primary responsibility will be to teach Electrical Program courses. The typical teaching load is 2 classes (days and evenings) with 20-24 students through a 9-course program. Applicants will also be expected to provide academic advising to students, assist the Director of Academics and participate in campus training meetings and program needs.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Provides instruction to students in both theory and practice of the various aspects of Electrical subject areas
2. Prepares lesson plans, maintains records, and reports on students’ attainment and progress
3. Ensures that appropriate safety policies and procedures are developed and implemented in the Electrical Labs
4. Maintains program equipment and Lab areas
5. Keeps abreast of technical changes in the field and keeps course material up to date
6. Participates in professional development and training activities to improve teaching skills and technical expertise in the area taught
· Communication Proficiency
· Decision Making
· Personal Effectiveness/Credibility
· Stress Management/Composure
· Learning Orientation
· Time Management
This position has no supervisory responsibilities
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. This position is also required to climb, balance, stooping, kneeling, crouching, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping.
The physical requirements of the position are for heavy work, exerting up to 100 lbs of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 lbs of force frequently, and/or in excess of 20 lbs of force constantly to move objects.
The employee is required to have the visual acuity to perform an activity to perform the skilled trade of a technician.
The employee is subject to both inside and outside environmental conditions; extreme heat; extreme noise; vibrations; hazards such as mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electrical current, working on scaffolding, roof tops, and on ladders; atmospheric conditions; and frequent close quarters.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are typically Monday through Thursday, 8:00 a.m. until 1:00 p.m. and 4:30 p.m. until 9:00 p.m.
Required Education and Experience
2. Three years of electrical experience
Preferred Education and Experience
1. Five years of electrical experience
Job Type: Full-time
- Electrical: 3 years (Preferred)