Operations Manager - Industrial Region (Cressona, PA)
Hydro is a fully integrated aluminum company with 35,000 employees in 40 countries on all continents, combining local expertise, worldwide reach and unmatched capabilities in R&D. In addition to production of primary aluminum, rolled and extruded products and recycling, Hydro also extracts bauxite, refines alumina and generates energy to be the only 360° company of the global aluminum industry. Hydro is present within all market segments for aluminum, with sales and trading activities throughout the value chain serving more than 30,000 customers.
- The Industrial Region (OM) role is a management development position responsible for on-the-job training assignments geared to developing the incumbent's comprehensive knowledge of plant operations and manufacturing processes. The position will be initially assigned in either our Cressona, PA - Mountain Top, PA - Spanish Fork, UT or Montreal Canada operations. The successful candidate will be a high potential leader who is interested in developmental opportunities that may require relocation to other Hydro locations. The OM will report to the assigned Plant Manager, and the Region GM will oversee and facilitate the incumbent's overall developmental progress.
Through OJT assignments, the OM will be expected to learn overall plant operations, come to understand the levers that drive profitability and attainment of goals, partner with plant leaders in a collaborative, team-oriented business style, and embrace and drive Hydro's Company values - Care, Courage, and Collaboration.
S/he will learn strong internal control and reporting partnership with leadership and team members throughout the local plant locations in a collaborative, proactive, personable, and professional manner. In addition to shop floor and supervisory functional activities, the OM will learn to formulate policies, manage daily operations, and plan for the use of materials and human resources.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Develop a comprehensive knowledge of Hydro products and processes through on-the-job training activities, including working in various positions in production.
Perform duties as assigned bringing value to the organization, especially those with required deliverables as part of the on-the-job training process.
Develop a comprehensive knowledge of aluminum extrusion processes and material characteristics.
Learn how to operate the Company's business systems to perform required administrative functions.
Develop detailed knowledge of annual and long-term planning for Maintenance and all production departments through A3 development linked to the Plant Business Plan with departmental initiatives geared toward operational excellence.
Develop detailed knowledge of product costing.
Develop understanding of the production scheduling processes.
Develop working knowledge of the budget and expense control process.
Actively participate in business reviews, planning and strategy sessions, and ensure plant reporting requirements are met for production and maintenance.
Supervise activities consistent with all Company policies, procedures and applicable laws and regulations.
Develop working knowledge of Continuous Improvement, efficiency standards, and safety.
Develop working knowledge and understanding of Human Resources policies and practices.
Develop detailed understanding of operations by touring other Hydro facilities and attending customer visits.
Complete training assignments as directed.
Prepare various reports as required.
Perform other duties as required.
- Bachelor's degree required - degree in a related technical discipline preferred; Master's degree is a plus.
- 7 - 10 years of experience in a leadership role within the heavy industrial manufacturing; prior aluminum extrusion and fabrication experience is preferred
- Future geographic mobility is required
- Ability to apply business math to manufacturing processes
- Requires superior analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to manage several activities/projects at once, to organize and prioritize work, meet deadlines, prepare plans, goals, and budget
- Must be able to read, comprehend, and follow policies, quality management system procedures and other plant procedures
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic
- Ability to be navigate the work environment including travel as required
- Excels at operating in fast pace business
- Fluency in English is mandatory
From Day One with Hydro, employees can enjoy benefits including:
Medical, Rx, Dental, Disability, Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts
Retirement Savings Plans with Company match/contributions
Bonus plan eligibility for all levels of employees
Please Apply Before:
Hydro in North America is an Equal Opportunity Employer where all phases of employment are based strictly upon the qualifications of the individual as related to the work requirements of the position. This policy is applied without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, veteran status, marital status or any other category protected by law.