This position will be responsible for performing professional and technical work involving the efficient design of interiors to encourage maximum space utilization. Supporting the management team as needed.
- Plan, design and supervise major renovations, remodeling and additions.
- Prepare construction documents, write specifications, review bid documents.
- Meet with department heads or representatives to determine interior architecture needs including determining space utilization and fabric and color selections of wall, floor, and window coverings.
- Maintains illustrative materials on available products and materials for selection by the user.
- Meets with vendors, suppliers and contractors. Review interior needs with sales representatives and vendors to determine who can provide the best service.
- Procures furnishings, materials and equipment.
- Prepares proposals for design work including sketches and costs estimates for labor, equipment, and materials.
- Prepares final designs and specifications within budgetary restrictions.
- Helps estimators with complex interior projects.
- Performs necessary drafting work for projects.
- Coordinate and work with senior designer(s) in the development of overall design concepts.
Create furniture layouts, perspectives and render for presentation
Prepare schemes and sample boards to include, furniture, fabrics, and accessories
Select and document necessary specifications, schedules and material references; approved colors, finishes, materials required into a spec book.
- Prepare spec sheets for all selected and custom items.
- Develop necessary and appropriate budgets required for the assigned project.
- Request pricing from suppliers.
- Assist in the preparation of Purchase Orders.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor/manager.
- Bachelor's degree with major course work in interior design and 2+ years of related experience or any equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Considerable knowledge of the practices and principals of interior design.
- Considerable knowledge of the preparation of proposals and specifications for interior design work.
- Knowledge of drafting procedures.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Skill in designing interior alterations, renovations, and new layouts.
- Knowledge of CAD programs.
- Must be able to seize, grasp, turn and hold objects with hands.
- Must be able to work on your feet for at least 8 hours.
- Fast paced movements are required to go from one part of the club to others.
- Must be able to move, pull, carry or lift at least 40 pounds.
- Occasionally kneel, bend, crouch and climb as required.