Predictive Service Maintenance Solutions is the maintenance and installation division of Predictive Service LLC. Predictive Service Maintenance Solutions has given national retailers control over their facilities repair costs providing the highest degree of reputable service throughout the United States and Canada. From its Walpole, MA division headquarters, the Company manages more than 5000 independent contractors, nationwide, who are on call to answer the Company's client needs.
Predictive Service LLC is a well-established company with a blue chip client base and a fourteen-year, award winning track record – Inc. 5000 Awardee over 8 consecutive years, Weatherhead 100 Awardee and NEO Success Award winner. Our team, along with the Company's patented technology and web-based management software, keep our clients coming back! (www.predictiveservice.com )
Reports to the Director of Operations
Specific responsibilities of the position will include:
- Primary responsibility for planning, communicating, and implementing assigned projects through a network of independent contractors. This involves creating a plan that is used to monitor and control project progress, and it forms the basis of communication with top management about the projects continued status.
- Responsible for leading the project and achieving all aspects of the agreed upon quality/performance, schedule and cost goals/profitability of assigned projects.
- Prepare and gain approval of a detailed multi-functional project plan that achieves timing goals with the appropriate level of risk management
- Identify and resolve any potential deviations from the approved project plan. Manage the critical path to achieve agreed upon milestones on time.
- Communicate program status, issues and actions/escalations as necessary. Chair project meetings and document decisions. Maintain project documentation.
- Lead the ongoing development of internal support systems to sustain aggressive growth in project revenue
- Act as a liaison between all functions to provide a complete product, based upon customer requirements.
- Identify risks and develop plans to minimize risks. Provide contingency planning for projects.
Preferred candidates will have the following:
- Minimum of five years of increasing responsibility in a project management role (within retail construction/facilities environment preferred)
- Proven leadership experience
- Record of success in previous positions for critical projects/programs.
- Demonstrated competence, product knowledge and project management skills.
- Effective negotiation and conflict management skills with ability to interact both internally and externally.
- Strong customer service, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Excellent written, oral and presentation communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Project, Excel, Word and Outlook
- College degree or equivalent preferred
Boston, MA • Cleveland, OH